rF2 Indycar *ON SALE* @ Brands Hatch - Mon 2nd January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
You can use P2P whenever you like. You have 150s which has to last the whole race. If you use it all for the first 10 laps, then you have none left for the end of the race. You don't have to use it for overtaking or defending, If you are alone on track and want to use it just to boost laptime and go faster, then you are perfectly within your rights to do so.
View attachment 627533
Around this circuit, you are best to use it out of Surtees and Clark Curve, as they are the longest straights. Stirlings and Graham Hill Bend are the other corners it is worth using it for laptime. but keeping it on for the exit of any other corner if you are racing somebody may give you the advantage you are after.

I'm going to jump onto the server now to play test it and answer a couple of things I want to check before I say them about it.

In essence, it is a power boost you can use whenever you want which you have to keep a track of.
To add to this.

You can use P2P as many times as you like in Practice. P2P automatically deactivates when you lift off the throttle, so you don't have to worry about turning it off, or losing seconds through a corner. For it to come back on you have to press the button again.

Around a full lap of this track, if you used it out of every corner, that's ~35s of P2P used in a lap. You would run out in just over 4 laps.

The main straight is 8s long and the back straight is 9s long. If you only deployed down one of them, you'd get ~16 laps of doing that. Down both is only 8 laps worth before you'd run out.

Does this work now? IIRC when we raced at Mills, it went away after 3 or 4 pushes.
It doesn't have any restriction in practice I can see. I'll flick ahead to the race in a bit and see what happens there.

Does this work now? IIRC when we raced at Mills, it went away after 3 or 4 pushes.
No limit in races (just tested it). You can use P2P on Lap 1, and press it as many times as you like.

The Green Flag for this race comes out very soon after the Safety Car has entered the pit lane. Be prepared for this as cars in about the 4th row may still be going around the final corner when it goes green. You'll be braking for Turn 1 at almost full speed.

I understand the P2P gadget. But although I have practiced pitstops a few times, all that happens is it automatically adds a bit fuel and changes tyres etc. Being an online newbie I don't actually know how to setup a custom pitstop ?? Will just stopping during this race do what's required for this race or do I have to change something.

Also is there a difference between the Chevrolet cars and the Honda ?

I understand the P2P gadget. But although I have practiced pitstops a few times, all that happens is it automatically adds a bit fuel and changes tyres etc. Being an online newbie I don't actually know how to setup a custom pitstop ?? Will just stopping during this race do what's required for this race or do I have to change something.

Assign a Button for pitstop requiring and then you can adjust all the stuff like fuel and tirechange etc during race with the keyboard. If you Start with Primary tires you MUST change it with alternate tires and vice versa.
AFAIK you can only adjust fuel refuel in your setup. Tires you have to change like I described

Last edited:

No noticeable difference between Chevy and Honda.

On this page of the MFD, you can adjust your pitstops while you are driving. If your fuel calculations are slightly off, you can adjust it here, change your front wing angle if you want, but really for this race all you need is the tyres. You can choose to switch to Primary, Alternate, Rain or No Change your tyres at a stop, just make sure it is adjusted BEFORE you reach the pitbox.
20230102124040_1.jpg

Also, requesting the pitstop on the lap you come in will reduce pitstop times by a few seconds.

You can set fuel levels at stops before the race in your setup window up to three stops.
20230102124136_1.jpg

Make sure you have buttons set for the Pit Menu up, down, increment value and decrement value setting, as that's what changes the pit menu.
20230102124840_1.jpg

Cheers, guys. Will spend some time testing your fantastic explanations. Hopefully should be be fine. I already have a button mapped to request a pitstop. That works fine.
The rest of it needs some investigation and probably some trial and error on my part.
The bit that I will definitely struggle with is trying to sort out making changes while driving. Believe me my hands are truly full with just driving. Not sure I've got enough hands to manage this

Last edited:
Cheers, guys. Will spend some time testing your fantastic explanations. Hopefully should be be fine. I already have a button mapped to request a pitstop. That works fine.
The rest of it needs some investigation and probably some trial and error on my part.
The bit that I will definitely struggle with is trying to sort out making changes while driving. Believe me my hands are truly full with just driving. Not sure I've got enough hands to manage this
You can set the desired tyre type in the in car MFD when you jump to the grid just before the start. It does keep that setting for all the race so you will only have to press the request pit stop button if you don't change your mind during the race. So I'd recommend starting with one compound and right at the grid set the other compound in the MFD, that way you don't have to worry about it later.

Am I the only one doing fuel calculations, changes and strategy while driving, never pre-planning anything? :x3:
Going by the Group C 3-stopper - probably :roflmao:

For this race you will need 85L. The Primary Tyres are definitely slower, but last a lot longer than the Alternates and DONT feel awful like they have the last times we tried them.

1 and 2 stop strategies will both work here.

Going to try for a one pitstop strategy.. during practice, Qualifying and warm up what are the default tyres set to ? Or do I select these ?

Also if I set the tyres to "alternative" for my pitstop plus some fuel, again what tyres do I start the race with ?

Think I'm nearly sorted. But still a little confused. As always

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back