IndyCar: Indy 500 Discussion Thread

What a contrast in races. The Monaco GP was the antithesis of Indy in every respect. Fantastic racing. My only complaint was all the commercials on NBC. It was like 60% of the broadcast was commercials, with 40% race. That's a travesty, especially during key moments and passes.

Watched the 10000 commercial Indy race! 1 min full screen coverage, 2 min split screen commercials, 2 min
commercials repeated for all but the last 18 laps! I timed them.
RE-DICK-U-LUSS!!!

So now i got my tripple crown lol great race as always :thumbsup: i mean Newgarden didn't win but i'm still happy :D
It seems the only thing that saved the indy (specially Indy500)for me in this season is the SKY channel, without those numerous ads breaks, there are ads but compare to US ads they are nothing! thank god for indy on sky!
as an almost new spectator to indycar, those ads were the things that almost killed indycar for me in recent years (and that pushed me into watching the late illegal race replays without ads) you can't get new spectators with those ridiculous ads breaks even with some more Motorsport superstars and great racing, the chance of a newcomer sticking with it for the sake of good racing is too low...

Last edited:
As an old fart, I have been watching motor sports on this Sunday for a lot of years.... Early morning F1 at Monaco (started watching the year Bandini died), then the Indy 500, and then the Coke 600. Today's three races were some of the best I have seen

So now i got my tripple crown lol great race as always :thumbsup: i mean Newgarden didn't win but i'm still happy :D
It seems the only thing that saved the indy (specially Indy500)for me in this season is the SKY channel, without those numerous ads breaks, there are ads but compare to US ads they are nothing! thank god for indy on sky!
as an almost new spectator to indycar, those ads were the things that almost killed indycar for me in recent years (and that pushed me into watching the late illegal race replays without ads) you can't get new spectators with those ridiculous ads breaks even with some more Motorsport superstars and great racing, the chance of a newcomer sticking with it for the sake of good racing is too low...
I agree. Talk about killing the golden goose with so many ads. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth on what was otherwise a fantastic race. I may just do exactly what you're talking about next year.

• Deleted member 205301

What a pleasure to see this kiss from Miss Indy, that was really disgusting :(
Bravo Simon !!! what a perfect move on a perfect time, so glad he won this one (at least !!!)
and as we says in France : cocoricooo !!
@++

Luckily I had link to Sky Sports coverage otherwise I would have probably turned off NBC coverage. Only thing irritating about the race itself is laps spent behind the pace car. Once the tow track removes the car/s it should be green flag immediately!

I watch the races and PVR the races,
I view the start live then pause the vid once the racing levels out.
go run some laps at the track on my PC for a while or maybe cut the grass.
Then when I go back to watch the race I'm able to skip the ads and pointless banter.
I'm usually caught up in time to watch the end live.
works for me and my ADD

I'm pretty sure they gamed it for penske's 50 year anniversary. Lapped cars do not take 6 laps to move and padg most likely had fuel trouble. Sad for Rossi. Still, was a great show and spectacle, much more drafting than last year but not too much like 2017. AAA race

Indy, Great race. .Start ruined by a terrible announcer. He almost had to change his undies. I Guess i will not be watching many Indy races with Him as the primary announcer and interuppter. Thank goodness for the silance button.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back