Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Well my experience with wheel slip especially with these late era formula cars is that even going in a straight line you can get wheel spin on the curbing or on the less grippy run off on the outside of some curbs and it will still yaw the car in the direction of the slipping wheel.

I also think its hard to see whats happening in those replays definitively except that somehow the curbs caused the car to lose control. I don't see how it would cause the tires on the paved surface to slip, at least not immediately as the primary cause of rear traction loss. I think its clear that traction was lost on the inside tires first and that would be for whatever reason in this game engine on these tracks. I think there is probably some weirdness to the physics and dealing with curbs. It always feels different in every sim for me. If you drive rFactor 2 the curbs feel less likely to spin you but pull your car towards them I assume due to less grip on that side making the grippier tires rotate the car. In AC they rattle like hell but don't feel like rF2 but feel more stable in F1 cars than GSCE. At least to me.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I've been driving the layouts, just without timing obviously. If you do get time to readdress the track in regards to layouts I would really appreciate it! If you need any information on the circuit or the layouts I would be pleased to help.

Hi, Patrick.

Many thanks for such a wonderful car. I was so pleased to find this for GSCE as it reminds me so much of the LX4/6 in 'Live For Speed', which was my favourite car in that sim.

I've only recently discovered GSCE and am still familiarising myself with it, so please forgive what might be a daft question.

When I turn the car into a corner, the car 'falls in' (or pulls in) to the turn and then I have to forcefully counter steer to straighten up after the turn. Can you tell me, is this intended behaviour? I've never driven a Caterham so I wouldn't know. :)

I have tried inverting the FFB, but then the wheel pulls left and right away from centre when the car is stationary, so I assume that this is not required.

Regards,
dungbeetle.

Keep -1800. Anyway these lines are In the .txtwith the mod.
From what I Have seen the Cat Is not really glued on the road And the tires are a kind of road tires, not race tires. The car seems to be not so easy to drive In real (there Is a video somewhere).

Actually, when the car drops into the corners I find it makes it quicker turning and in some ways easier to drive.

I was just wondering if that was how it was designed to behave, or if I had something set up incorrectly.

Patrick.
I think I may have found a solution to my problem.
By changing the FFBMixerRealFeelPercent from (+)100.000000 to (-)100.000000 in the RealFeelPlugin.ini file, the stationary wheel centering is now correct and the car no longer drops into corners.
Not sure why this is the case though, as all the default cars have a FFBMixerRealFeelPercent of (+)100.000000 and work just fine.
Very strange! :)

Thanks. :)
So pleased I found this game. As I said earlier, it reminds me a lot of 'Live For Speed', which has a similar look and also has great physics. The only problem with LFS though is it's mainly an online sim, so the AI is very basic and crashes into you a lot if you want to race alone offline.
GSCE has very good AI though, which makes it a great all-round package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back