Inconsistent information regarding VR, GFX & AI

Hi everybody,
I'm currently looking for a SIM which supports VR and has working AI in multiplayer sessions. From what I understand, rFactor 2 supports both.

However, I find inconsistent information regarding VR, graphics and AI in different places so I don't know the current status.

1) Does rFactor 2 fully support VR? I've read in some places that some people got it only working for a few tracks which seems really weird. Are those poeple doing something wrong or does VR really depend on the content?

2) I've read that you need to opt-in into some other branch on steam to get better graphics or even have to subscribe to some mods from the developers in the workshop to get better graphics. Is this true? How is heavy is the impact on VR in this case?

3) Does the AI really work in Multiplayer? If yes, is it restricted to certain modes?

Thanks

Hi everybody,
I'm currently looking for a SIM which supports VR and has working AI in multiplayer sessions. From what I understand, rFactor 2 supports both.

However, I find inconsistent information regarding VR, graphics and AI in different places so I don't know the current status.

1) Does rFactor 2 fully support VR? I've read in some places that some people got it only working for a few tracks which seems really weird. Are those poeple doing something wrong or does VR really depend on the content?

2) I've read that you need to opt-in into some other branch on steam to get better graphics or even have to subscribe to some mods from the developers in the workshop to get better graphics. Is this true? How is heavy is the impact on VR in this case?

3) Does the AI really work in Multiplayer? If yes, is it restricted to certain modes?

Thanks

1 - Yes VR works with all content, those people have some other issue as I've not yet seen a bug report claiming VR only works on selected tracks so take that with a pinch of salt.

2 - No that is incorrect as well, use the "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"

3 - Yes AI can be used in Multiplayer as long as the Server Admin includes AI, there are no "modes" in RF2.

Hope that helps :)

1 - Yes VR works with all content, those people have some other issue as I've not yet seen a bug report claiming VR only works on selected tracks so take that with a pinch of salt.

2 - No that is incorrect as well, use the "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"

3 - Yes AI can be used in Multiplayer as long as the Server Admin includes AI, there are no "modes" in RF2.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the quick answer! This sounds perfect. Guess I'll give it a try. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back