IMS

The only Indianapolis oval I've found for rfactor is the 1960 version ... with a horribly bumpy brick front straight. Is there a version representing a more recent track? (Or can this version be easily edited to smooth the front straight?)

There is also a heinous AI problem here; the AI exit T1 fine, drifting near the outer wall, then suddenly turn left and dive to the inside of the track (this involves some violent maneuvering and fishtailing) then drift back up and resume a normal line for the rest of the track.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Only active links for JNS I find are for AMS tracks. Only SCE tracks link i find is for full mod d/L, 1.7gig. All TPSCC links are dead.

But in the course of this I found an "Indianapolis V1.0" converted from Nascar Thunder, author unknown, and and "designed for large field online use".

Last edited:
Thanks.

Only active links for JNS I find are for AMS tracks. Only SCE tracks link i find is for full mod d/L, 1.7gig. All TPSCC links are dead.

But in the course of this I found an "Indianapolis V1.0" converted from Nascar Thunder, author unknown, and and "designed for large field online use".
I'll try to upload what I have. Edit: PM Sent

Last edited:
Reactions: jgf
Thanks for the links. I grabbed both track packs; now have three IMS to choose.

The 60s version is the one I'd like to use, but the exagerrated bumpiness of the front straight negates it for racing (it's like 3/4 mile of kerbs at 170mph, the car bounces and skitters too much to run in a pack), as does the AI issue mentioned.

The "V1.0" is a nice rendition of the modern track, complete with jumbotrons on which you can place bink videos. It includes separate circuits for the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, and that mickey mouse F1 circuit.

JNS states his tracks do not represent any real world tracks; but this is a nice depiction of the modern track without all the frills, and with a background of woods and hills rather than a city. I'm using this one until/unless I learn to "fix" the 60s track.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back