I'm using DSD button boxes and ContentManager...

Now I'm using DSD button boxes and ContentManager...

It works great after the first setting if I binded each buttons of left, right boxes
But If I launch contentmanager again the values are overwritten to right side of button box.. left side btn box not working. So I always re-setting the buttons for the left box every times..

Is this content manager side problems or DSD buttonbox side problems..?
Assuming that. when content manager launching.. while loading the keys it just bind by controller name (actually button boxes name is same as "DSD CSW Panel" also HW id also same..) so key's are binding to last reading device.

I'm not sure... my assuming is right..
If someone know about this problems.. please let me know :)

Thanks!

If it's detected as a gaming device, you could try joyIDs to lock the number on your list of devices. You could also map the functions to keys and then use AutoHotkey to create a script that send those keys. For my button box I use Autohotkey for every control. With Autohotkey you can also send keys combinations, make them even work differently depending if Assetto Corsa or Content Manager is active, program different functions for a single keypress or holding the button down, make toggles and sequences, move and click the mouse pointer, run programs, etc. This is how I have my button box programmed:

controls-new2.png

Upvote 0
I have issues with Content Manager and permissions. Maybe it's something similar. I can't update it unless I run it as Admin. If I run it as Admin, it can't install mods with Drag/Drop.

I use SimHub to map the buttons on my DSD box.

Upvote 0
So,

Can you use the likes of joy2key etc to map every button or what happens to stuff like the rotary encoders I have set for abs, turbo, brake bias etc.

Is that then a case of go into CM & set the bias to use say the keyboard B for up & V for down, then into joytokey & map the DSD button to B & V, removing any mappings for anything on the DSD in CM?

Hopefully that makes sense

Upvote 0
So,

Can you use the likes of joy2key etc to map every button or what happens to stuff like the rotary encoders I have set for abs, turbo, brake bias etc.

Is that then a case of go into CM & set the bias to use say the keyboard B for up & V for down, then into joytokey & map the DSD button to B & V, removing any mappings for anything on the DSD in CM?

Hopefully that makes sense
I have not tried controlling CM directly (will have to look into this .... I have not done so, but I do not see why not). But I have assigned "Keyboard Presses" i.e. "a" and "Keyboard Macros" i.e ctrl+key or ctrl+alt+key inside each racing sim and then created a JoytoKey Profile for each game mapping the DSD button/Rotary/Switch as applicable to these keys/macros.
And as you said hope this makes sense/helps ;) .. suggest if you have access to excel (easier than paper) make a list as shown in example below, but make list to help keep this straight. :)

1611446480632.png

Attachments

• Controls.xlsx
    20 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
I have not tried controlling CM directly (will have to look into this .... I have not done so, but I do not see why not). But I have assigned "Keyboard Presses" i.e. "a" and "Keyboard Macros" i.e ctrl+key or ctrl+alt+key inside each racing sim and then created a JoytoKey Profile for each game mapping the DSD button/Rotary/Switch as applicable to these keys/macros.
And as you said hope this makes sense/helps ;) .. suggest if you have access to excel (easier than paper) make a list as shown in example below, but make list to help keep this straight. :)

View attachment 438921
Hey there,

Sorry for the late reply, appreciate your reply. For some reason RD never informed me of a response. Yes, it does make sense & good idea about doing the excel sheet. All working now, thanks you again :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back