I'm Dreaming of ????? What would you like to see come in the next updates

I would really love to see another manufacturer come into the game...The tease in the dev blog could mean a lot of different things, but i would really love it if Audi were brought in..However, no one would complain about Ferrari showing up either...The only track i really want is Road America and Monza of course, but the track selection is more than could ever be utilized as is..I like everything they are doing, but I do wonder why they are bringing in more open wheels..I get they are trying to find a niche, but Ive hardly ever see anyone wanting to race open wheels online and getting more people there should be the #1 priority..

Ok..let me ask you guys this..Am I the only one who thinks the Mclaren in GT3 is way way way way to OP...It seems that it is running 3, 4 and even 5 seconds faster on every track..Be the first to admit that I have not put a ton of hours in but this seems to be reflected in the Records too...I guess another wish would be if you could put multi class races and restrict it to certain cars in that class...But really some of the cars need a tweak in balance department..
Yes it is somewhat op especially at altitude because of the turbo. It's a tricky one to BoP, as the car is already at 40% boost and bogs down at low rpms to the tune of having no throttle oversteer so can't really be reduced further. Adding ballast isn't possible either because the brakes would need to be upgraded.

Ok..let me ask you guys this..Am I the only one who thinks the Mclaren in GT3 is way way way way to OP...It seems that it is running 3, 4 and even 5 seconds faster on every track..Be the first to admit that I have not put a ton of hours in but this seems to be reflected in the Records too...I guess another wish would be if you could put multi class races and restrict it to certain cars in that class...But really some of the cars need a tweak in balance department..
The GT3 tires are for all intents and purposes, placeholders. they just feature softs. They have a qually type stickiness for about three laps then a "normal" durability phase.

The 720s takes advantage of this better than the other cars in the category.

However, it is easily overdriven and subject to temp/grip imbalances leading to a very touchy drive 3 laps and beyond, once the normal grip phase begins.

Last edited:
Steel im going to do some laps in the 720 with your new setup later today and see how it plays...Apart form tires I dont think I made to many changes form the original base set up..Part of me was wondering if the Mclaren just has a good setup out the box or what is going on with it...No question that after 3 laps its a different car and I would have never guessed it was something like the model..However, Project cars does something similar when between 2 and 3 laps the temps become more about the setup or the pressure to be accurate..I would imagine this is similar to real world conditions where it takes a few laps for them to get into a stable state. Also, has anyone thought about how other cars might do in cross class racing..I wonder if the M1 could hang with some of the GT3s..

Steel im going to do some laps in the 720 with your new setup later today and see how it plays...Apart form tires I dont think I made to many changes form the original base set up..Part of me was wondering if the Mclaren just has a good setup out the box or what is going on with it...No question that after 3 laps its a different car and I would have never guessed it was something like the model..However, Project cars does something similar when between 2 and 3 laps the temps become more about the setup or the pressure to be accurate..I would imagine this is similar to real world conditions where it takes a few laps for them to get into a stable state. Also, has anyone thought about how other cars might do in cross class racing..I wonder if the M1 could hang with some of the GT3s..
Cool. In the vid I describe the difference in setup philosophy. It will drive a bit different, but either way, if you are aware of the tire temps, you can do things as a driver to mitigate it.

In PC2 and AMS2 the tires and brakes are pre-heated unnaturally, which leads to a 2-3 lap stabilization period which is a pretty astute thing for you to recognize. After 2-3 laps the camber/pressure settings in the setup start to show through for sure.

I continue to struggle coming to terms with the effect of F/R temperature imbalance. Before AMS2, my past experience is all pretty much rF1 and AMS1 so not too terribly diverse. Regardless, I don’t ever recall having any issues with balance changing as a result of temp discrepancy between ends of the car until AMS2.

What’s sort of doubly frustrating for me is that not only is it challenging to deal with the behavior where actual driving is concerned, but my brain also can’t help but think “that’s wrong!” or “that’s not right!” when it does occur. Objectively, I have no idea if it actually is right or wrong. I just know it’s something I historically haven’t had to deal with before across most of my simracing hours so my mind just flags it as “incorrect.”

Ok..Now let me run this by you fine gentlemen and see what you think..Im sure it cant be this simple and I am guessing that there is lots more to this than what meets the eye but.......Why not MODS....Suddenly no more troubles with license stuff...Suddenly you have a whole new group of people that might bring in ideas that other wise wouldnt come up...Suddenly this is the game that everyone wants because it has a MOD community..just saying...

Ok..Now let me run this by you fine gentlemen and see what you think..Im sure it cant be this simple and I am guessing that there is lots more to this than what meets the eye but.......Why not MODS....Suddenly no more troubles with license stuff...Suddenly you have a whole new group of people that might bring in ideas that other wise wouldnt come up...Suddenly this is the game that everyone wants because it has a MOD community..just saying...
I'm on the fence with mods. Particularly car and track mods. Yeah, some of them are fantastic and really add to a game, but you do end up with a lot of crap. Assetto Corsa is a prime example, some mods are brilliant, better than the base content, but some of them are absolutely terrible. You end up having to sift through all the rubbish to find the good ones.

There are already mod cars for AMS2:

https://*********************************/downloads---automobilista-2.html

It's mostly random road cars so your mileage may vary. As for track mods, the quality of tracks in AMS2 is much higher than most of the stuff I have seen for AC/rF2 so I don't particularly care about that. Would be nice if they added some open road maps or hillclimbs.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.3%