I'm Dreaming of ????? What would you like to see come in the next updates

I would really love to see another manufacturer come into the game...The tease in the dev blog could mean a lot of different things, but i would really love it if Audi were brought in..However, no one would complain about Ferrari showing up either...The only track i really want is Road America and Monza of course, but the track selection is more than could ever be utilized as is..I like everything they are doing, but I do wonder why they are bringing in more open wheels..I get they are trying to find a niche, but Ive hardly ever see anyone wanting to race open wheels online and getting more people there should be the #1 priority..

What is CART..I tried google but all i kept getting was go kart tracks in my area..Ford would be a great addition..You would really think manufacturers would be happy to have there cars in games like this..It cost them nothing and is free advertisement.

I hesitate to use the term indycar, because it implies modern. The history of the term indycar is rather confusing due to a licensing dispute. CART can be correctly referred to as “Champ Car” as it distinguishes it from the IRL and modern Indycar. Fittpaldi, Andretti, Unser Jr., Mansell. It was an era I grew up with and Im understatedly looking forward to it.

Anyone watch laguna Seca today...Was a good race..Wonder if any game will ever try to have real tire and pit strategies ..Of course races that have realist laps might be best left to communities..I cant imagine going through the trouble of setting up a tire strategy and then getting dumped in the first turn..

Anyone watch laguna Seca today...Was a good race..Wonder if any game will ever try to have real tire and pit strategies ..Of course races that have realist laps might be best left to communities..I cant imagine going through the trouble of setting up a tire strategy and then getting dumped in the first turn..
The F1 games have strategies, which you plan out pitstops and tyre choices pre race and sometimes the engineer suggests a change on the fly mid-race if circumstances change.

All the proper sims seem to completely ignore that whole side of racing... Very strange. Its like they go all in with the physics and car handling, getting it as perfect as possible, then completely forget about what drivers and engineers do on an actual race weekend.

The F1 games have strategies, which you plan out pitstops and tyre choices pre race and sometimes the engineer suggests a change on the fly mid-race if circumstances change.

All the proper sims seem to completely ignore that whole side of racing... Very strange. Its like they go all in with the physics and car handling, getting it as perfect as possible, then completely forget about what drivers and engineers do on an actual race weekend.
Broken AI pit strategies are indeed a source of annoyance in almost every sim. In races that require a pit stop, the AI almost always screws up the strategy, either pitting more times than necessary or not suffering the same tyre wear effects as the player and not pitting at all as a result.

I frankly don't understand why this is so difficult to get right. Once you know the AI lap times on different compounds and the rough number of laps each compound should last, it's a straightforward mathematical problem to determine the optimal strategy. Then you can have a few random AI follow a sub-optimal strategy just to make it interesting.

Already Geoff Crammond got this right in 1996.

Broken AI pit strategies are indeed a source of annoyance in almost every sim. In races that require a pit stop, the AI almost always screws up the strategy, either pitting more times than necessary or not suffering the same tyre wear effects as the player and not pitting at all as a result.

I frankly don't understand why this is so difficult to get right. Once you know the AI lap times on different compounds and the rough number of laps each compound should last, it's a straightforward mathematical problem to determine the optimal strategy. Then you can have a few random AI follow a sub-optimal strategy just to make it interesting.

Already Geoff Crammond got this right in 1996.
Agreed! I think sim developers need to hire more game designers...

What about safety cars/full course cautions? They can significantly impact race strategy calls. Then you also have the rules for a given series regarding how pit stops are allowed when those events occur. Now adapt that across multiple series like you have with a title like AMS2. If a developer doesn’t go “all in” and try to implement every factor where AI tire strategy is concerned, then wouldn’t that still leave some pretty big holes for us adaptable human players to easily “outsmart” the AI? I don’t think it’s as simple as just running the math in the manner you mentioned. I would gess that's probably just the starting point.

There are a lot of things I am excited for (multiplayer updates for example) but if I had to pick only one thing, it would be an adjustment to the tire model. As it stands now grip is too high when pushing slightly, and then it seems to vanish and snap at another point.
When the car gives out like thst, even with quick reflexes your car will then snap violently the other way.
I would like less forgiving below the limit and more forgiving at the limit for a more balanced handling.

There are a lot of things I am excited for (multiplayer updates for example) but if I had to pick only one thing, it would be an adjustment to the tire model. As it stands now grip is too high when pushing slightly, and then it seems to vanish and snap at another point.
When the car gives out like thst, even with quick reflexes your car will then snap violently the other way.
I would like less forgiving below the limit and more forgiving at the limit for a more balanced handling.
It's funny, because I absolutely love the tyre model in AMS2. I find I can really feel what's going on with the grip level and can find the limit. Whenever I spin I know that it's because I pushed the limit too far and it always feels like it was my fault and I can take the corner differently next time. Whereas in ACC I find I have no idea where the limit is until I'm facing backwards and often I don't think I did anything different to the last time I took the same corner so it's really difficult to improve and find speed. I also think it being forgiving below the limit isn't really a bad thing, I'm sure if you took a GT3 car on track and drive round relatively briskly but not pushing it, it would probably handle pretty easily.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely things that AMS2 can improve in the handling department, particularly I find tight hairpins a little odd sometimes, but mostly I love the handling and the FFB. Admittedly I'm using a custom FFB file (Delta X), I struggle a bit with the default FFB, but the custom one makes the feedback from the tyres feel great.

Please don't read this as me saying I'm right and you're wrong, that's not the case at all. I just find it interesting that everyone seems to have such different feelings about it. Perhaps it's down to the cars we drive AMS2, or different hardware. Or maybe I'm just not quick enough to find the limit very often! :D

I’m not going to make any claims regarding what the cause might be, but for the record you’re not alone in that excessive “snap back” sentiment. It just often feels like there’s more energy in that rotational rebound than there should be.

I’m not going to make any claims regarding what the cause might be, but for the record you’re not alone in that excessive “snap back” sentiment. It just often feels like there’s more energy in that rotational rebound than there should be.
My recommendation would be to stop using default FFB and use rFuktor 4.6 custom FFB (https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-tunes2-zip.16139/) instead if you haven't already. I've never gelled with the excessively snappy rear feeling in the current default FFB. Frankly, I think it makes the cars harder to drive than the underlying physics actually are.

The only thing I actually want to see in AMS2:
mb_300_sel_rote_sau_i_-_1260.jpg

My recommendation would be to stop using default FFB and use rFuktor 4.6 custom FFB (https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-tunes2-zip.16139/) instead if you haven't already. I've never gelled with the excessively snappy rear feeling in the current default FFB. Frankly, I think it makes the cars harder to drive than the underlying physics actually are.
Have you tried the delta x file? I was previously using rF 4.6, but the delta x file is much better IMO.

I actually don't even have a FFB wheel. I'm still using my built-like-a-tank ECCI from 2005. I acknowledge this obviously could be a contributing factor or outright cause of my difficulties with this particular trait. The game may be communicating info that could help with controlling the "excessive rebound" behavior which I simply can't feel.

Ok..let me ask you guys this..Am I the only one who thinks the Mclaren in GT3 is way way way way to OP...It seems that it is running 3, 4 and even 5 seconds faster on every track..Be the first to admit that I have not put a ton of hours in but this seems to be reflected in the Records too...I guess another wish would be if you could put multi class races and restrict it to certain cars in that class...But really some of the cars need a tweak in balance department..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back