I'm Dreaming of ????? What would you like to see come in the next updates

I would really love to see another manufacturer come into the game...The tease in the dev blog could mean a lot of different things, but i would really love it if Audi were brought in..However, no one would complain about Ferrari showing up either...The only track i really want is Road America and Monza of course, but the track selection is more than could ever be utilized as is..I like everything they are doing, but I do wonder why they are bringing in more open wheels..I get they are trying to find a niche, but Ive hardly ever see anyone wanting to race open wheels online and getting more people there should be the #1 priority..

My recommendation would be to stop using default FFB and use rFuktor 4.6 custom FFB (https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-tunes2-zip.16139/) instead if you haven't already. I've never gelled with the excessively snappy rear feeling in the current default FFB. Frankly, I think it makes the cars harder to drive than the underlying physics actually are.
I actually don't even have a FFB wheel. I'm still using my built-like-a-tank ECCI from 2005. I acknowledge this obviously could be a contributing factor or outright cause of my difficulties with this particular trait. The game may be communicating info that could help with controlling the "excessive rebound" behavior which I simply can't feel.

I think Reiza should bring more and more open wheels to the game, because they are the true essence of racing. GT cars are very boring. :)
I love the open wheelers too, so would personally love a Senna career mode for their open wheelers as a DLC.

This would be my choice.

I am still so torn on them though, play AC RSS v12 then AMS2 v12, i love them both but the fidelity of the RSS AC one wins for driving experience IMO, for seat of the pants experience its AMS2.

Also, for a future update, chequered flags! surely not hard to do :)

More long term, but I'd love a fully fleshed out career mode. I know a lot of people only really care about multiplayer, but I think this sim has the potential to be by far the best single player sim out there, if they really focus on it.

Since we're dreaming... I'd want:
  • Gran Turismo style, start with a small amount of money, enough to buy an Uno or Mini, etc. And work your way up from there.
  • Have to pay for any damage you receive in a race, getting insurance when you're into the more expensive cars. To try and add a sense of danger to overtakes, knowing if you screw up that last lap dive-bomb it'll cost you.
  • Car mods - like turbos, aftermarket exhausts, etc. I know this won't happen, but it's something I've always loved about GT, Forza, even Need for Speed games.
  • Work your way through the amateur racing scene, until you can get sponsored for better semi-pro / historic championships. Maybe manufacturer drives in big series. Until you can afford to buy your own proper racing car/team.
  • With the big race series... Race strategy, like the F1 games, where it actually gives you information about when you might want to pit, how much fuel to use, what tyres might be best. Instead of just doing it all yourself.
  • Hire a mechanic to help with setups. Someone to actually help guide you, tell you what tyre pressures should be, let you know what the weather's doing and how that will effect the setup, etc.
  • Hell, even a story mode like Toca Race Driver!
A lot of this is just nostalgia for past great games, but I think a lot of it has been lost over last decade or so. I know these things would make it much more of a racing game and less of a 'hardcore' hotlap simulator. But imho sims at the moment need way more progression and traditional video game elements than they currently do. It's fine to have a car modelled and simulated down to every last nut and bolt, but if there's no incentive to keep progressing and pushing for a new challenge then things just get a bit stale.

I think that's why Iracing is the go-to multiplayer sim. With that you're always pushing to improve yourself, unlock a new tier, race new series in faster cars against better drivers. That sort of incentive for a single player sim (without the extortionate Iracing cost!) would be amazing.

Sorry, that ended up being a bit of a long one! :D

I’m going to answer in the context of “the next updates” being the remainder of 2021. In that scope it wouldn’t surprise me if Reiza would be tapped out on the new car front with the historic F1 cars just announced.

On the track front, I also can’t really imagine anything significant coming between now and the end of the year. I’d be pretty pleased if we get one more track for the Racin’ in the USA pack regardless of what it is. My gut tells me the odds of that are probably about 50/50. “The next updates” post-Monza do seem like possibly an ideal timeframe to bring another one or two AMS 1 tracks over which I believe Reiza mentioned they wanted to do. My hope there would be the AMS 1 version of Cordoba and/or Buenos Aires. The latter of which does seem to kind of “fit” with the coming historic F1 cars.

Gameplay-wise, my hope would be that they just continue to tweak the AI and polish multiplayer and custom championships.

Again, this is all said in the context of the remainder of the calendar year. Projecting beyond that, my two biggest desires are simple but probably quite doubtful to happen: AMS 1 style timing & scoring for all laps in a session and an assignable button for putting the car in neutral. I actually want these two things more than any specific new car or track items.

Last edited:
hmmm...I have to say, it does surprise me how many people really want a stronger single player experience...I understand the appeal of it; however, it seems that you could set up your own fantasy races and make your own seasons if you wanted to...I loved games like Forza, but those sort of games are there own thing..I never really considered it on the table to be brought into the sim racing world..As for open wheels, you have to be happy with the level of selection you have in AMS2, or maybe I just dont know alot about open wheels and it just seems like a lot to me..I cant really explain this but for whatever reason open wheel cars just dont look or feel right in VR on any sim that I have played..Like everyone, I go into this with my own view point and hope to get lucky with some more good content down the road.. Im sure they will, but does anyone know for certain if they are going to keep working on the game through 2022 or is that a wait and see kind of thing.

hmmm...I have to say, it does surprise me how many people really want a stronger single player experience...I understand the appeal of it; however, it seems that you could set up your own fantasy races and make your own seasons if you wanted to...I loved games like Forza, but those sort of games are there own thing..I never really considered it on the table to be brought into the sim racing world..As for open wheels, you have to be happy with the level of selection you have in AMS2, or maybe I just dont know alot about open wheels and it just seems like a lot to me..I cant really explain this but for whatever reason open wheel cars just dont look or feel right in VR on any sim that I have played..Like everyone, I go into this with my own view point and hope to get lucky with some more good content down the road.. Im sure they will, but does anyone know for certain if they are going to keep working on the game through 2022 or is that a wait and see kind of thing.
Yeah, I agree, it wasn't a suggestion that I thought would actually happen, just a pipe-dream. And I do happily make up my own championships, etc.. I just often think that sim developers think there are 'sim enthusiasts' and 'gamers', and they're two completely separate groups.

Whilst I'm sure there are some people who race sims and have absolutely no interest in any other sort of games, including 'arcade' racing games*, I think the majority are probably gamers in some way or another too. So any sort of blend between a sim and a game would be popular in my opinion (assuming you could convince 'hardcore sim-racers' that it's not "arcade" :rolleyes: ).

I don't think the popularity of GT, Forza and F1 20XX is due to them having simpler physics models, I think it's down to the fact that they actually have interesting gameplay mechanics.

Regarding AMS2 development, their roadmap extends well into 2022 and I get the impression the plan is to support it for several years.

*Racing sims are games too. There, I said it.

I'm all in with the NeoGrotesk, more fun gaming mechanics, it won't make your sim less simmish.

I would like to see single player career rpg mod, where you start as a young brasilian favela boy (or girl) who works at cart track, and gets the chance to ride, is of course natural driver, wins, old wise mechanic teaches you of race craft, sleazy manager gives you shitty deal but you have to take it(mom in hospital) so you drive some local races. And you keep winning! In the meantime, you find out your late grandpa was the big champion back in the day ( there you ride some historic brazilian or other historic races), but was sabotaged by the very manager you work for now. BUT, you are in love with managers daughter, and that complicates things even more and you think about quitting racing. BUT! the ghost of Ayrton Senna comes to you and tells you to believe in yourself and just drive. So you go up the ranks, until you end up in F1 team. I'm still working on details.

Cutscenes are still images like from adventure games or Max Payne.
Feel free to ad to the story, like the friend who betrays you, or ends up in wheelchair.

I'm all in with the NeoGrotesk, more fun gaming mechanics, it won't make your sim less simmish.

I would like to see single player career rpg mod, where you start as a young brasilian favela boy (or girl) who works at cart track, and gets the chance to ride, is of course natural driver, wins, old wise mechanic teaches you of race craft, sleazy manager gives you shitty deal but you have to take it(mom in hospital) so you drive some local races. And you keep winning! In the meantime, you find out your late grandpa was the big champion back in the day ( there you ride some historic brazilian or other historic races), but was sabotaged by the very manager you work for now. BUT, you are in love with managers daughter, and that complicates things even more and you think about quitting racing. BUT! the ghost of Ayrton Senna comes to you and tells you to believe in yourself and just drive. So you go up the ranks, until you end up in F1 team. I'm still working on details.

Feel free to ad to the story, like the friend who betrays you, or ends up in wheelchair.
Yep, that would be awesome! Like the old Toca Race Driver games.

I think sim racing takes itself a little too seriously sometimes. Anything remotely fun instantly becomes 'arcade' or 'childish' and is sneered at. I think some people forget that no matter how much you spend on hardware, you're still sat in your spare room playing with pretend cars.

Well obviously...Clearly you have not clicked on the Legends Cascavel button...It can be hard to see...I would suggest staying away from Rad Racers one though...I dont want to give any spoilers, but that blonde guy who starts out as your rival and then turns out hes racing for a sick sister had me in tears...All Im going to say.."You can race with us any time"...

I've been getting into flight sims recently. There are quite a few 3rd party add-ons for MSFS that add in a career mode and they're really good. It being a separate app isn't ideal, but it works. Something like that for AMS2 would be cool, just need to find someone who can code! :D

I've been getting into flight sims recently. There are quite a few 3rd party add-ons for MSFS that add in a career mode and they're really good. It being a separate app isn't ideal, but it works. Something like that for AMS2 would be cool, just need to find someone who can code! :D
Do you know any flight sims that are VR only..When I first got my headset, I downloaded War Thunder..Its a fun game, but you dont stand a chance when you are in VR and everyone else gets to have a third person view...I really wish there was a VR only flight sim..

Do you know any flight sims that are VR only..When I first got my headset, I downloaded War Thunder..Its a fun game, but you dont stand a chance when you are in VR and everyone else gets to have a third person view...I really wish there was a VR only flight sim..
Yep, there's VTOL. I've not played it myself, but I've heard good things about it. Though I don't think it has multiplayer, but there is a mod for it.

To be honest, with flight sims I use a monitor and a cheap headtracker rather than VR, there are too many keybinds and buttons that need pressing for me to cope doing it blindfolded! :D

(My headtracker is an old PS3 eyetoy camera which was 50p secondhand, and a Trackhat Clip)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.