I'll just leave this here.......

Brandon Wright

I may not be fast, but I'm wide!
IMG_2064 copy.png

:geek::geek::geek::whistling::whistling::whistling::D:D:D

Unfortunately enough assetto just announced the laserscanned nordschleife and three new alfa's (including the 155 dtm)...raceroom is better for me but not having Alfa alfa in game is the point that makes me playing still other sims (race 07 and race pro on top)

I know...and ac is not even playable with a pad...raceroom at the time is my preferred racing game (i don't even own ac) it's only I'm Alfa lover and i wanted to see an Alfa in game...lot of people have been asking for an Alfa like old race series but unfortunately sector 3 seems to be not interested in it...when ac will have 6 alfa romeo's...including the 155 dtm 93...sector could just do a dtm 93 pack...love the dtm 92 but having the 155 dtm or even better the 155 v6 ti would be such a blast ;)...above all we are not talking about cars that have super high licenses prices since the 156 and the 75 were in pratically every Race game...

I know...and ac is not even playable with a pad...raceroom at the time is my preferred racing game (i don't even own ac) it's only I'm Alfa lover and i wanted to see an Alfa in game...lot of people have been asking for an Alfa like old race series but unfortunately sector 3 seems to be not interested in it...when ac will have 6 alfa romeo's...including the 155 dtm 93...sector could just do a dtm 93 pack...love the dtm 92 but having the 155 dtm or even better the 155 v6 ti would be such a blast ;)...above all we are not talking about cars that have super high licenses prices since the 156 and the 75 were in pratically every Race game...
Lets join forces and ask for a DTM 1995 pack.

AC doesn't offer full series like the DTM, WTCC, ADAC GT Masters as well as other packs like DTM 92, so for my preference it's well behind R3E. Not interested in road cars either.
And even if it did offer full series, it wouldn't be playable with their horrible AI.. .:poop:
AC can be enjoyable for a couple of hot laps every now and then, but when it comes to real racing against other cars, forget it! :thumbsdown:

I was just reading that GranTurismo 7 is expected to have the IoM Mountain Circuit.

I will never understand this obsession with people wanting the TT course in games that aren't about bikes, it's not really a racing circuit anyway, which is what R3E is all about (to me, at least) - not a bike or road car game, but a racing simulator.

As such, would you rather have the talented track artists (who I think already have at least Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spa, Paul Ricard, Macau, Salzburgring, Sears Point and Shanghai on the go) work on the 60km IoM course instead of, say (tracks chosen sort of at random):

Imola (4.9km)
Donington Park (4.0km)
Curitiba (3.6km)
Marrakech (4.6km)
Rio Hondo (4.8km)
Nogaro (3.6km)
Baku (4.3km)
Dubai (5.4km)
Mosport (3.9km)
Sebring (6.0km)
Road Atlanta (4.0km)
Road America (6.5km)
Phillip Island (4.4km)

which would equal the same 60km?

I'm not saying that's how it works exactly and 1km = 1km, but personally I'd much rather the latter. Guess I'm not their audience!

Anyway, back on topic, great to see the Nurburgring coming, one way or another. Personally, I don't mind if it's laser-scanned or not, as I loved the previous version of the Ring for Race07/GTR Evolution. I do hope it can be joined up with the excellent GP circuit that's already in game though; would love to try giving Kevin Estre's 8:11 on the combined circuit a challenge!

So yep, great news that this is added to the list of current and WIP circuits, which should equal 28 real life venues by the time they're released. Perfect for creating many unique custom chamionships!

That is not true at all. AC has a fantastic pad support so idk where did you pull that out from. If you need help with setting up pad settings I will gladly help you :)

Many of the posts concerning the Mountain Circuit were just responding to my question asking which games had already included it.

Yeah, wasn't specifically a point made at you or anyone in this thread in particular; just wondering why the general 'demand' for it that exists, outside of bike games. I remember hating the announcement from SMS about their Cote d'Azur and California Highway circuits, especially when the devs stated that each one would take 3-5x the length of a 'normal' track. PCARS is a great game, but I feared a lack of focus at that time, which they thankfully seem to have found again.

That is not true at all. AC has a fantastic pad support so idk where did you pull that out from. If you need help with setting up pad settings I will gladly help you :)

I didn't know that. I might send you a DM about that sometime, if that's OK?

Fear this may have got dragged a long way off topic! I wonder if Jay, JP, Alex or anyone else from the team could clarify whether, or roughly how much, time is saved by having the laser-scan data? Would be very interesting for a mere mortal (who's been gratefully downloading modded tracks since GP2!) to know.

Yeah, wasn't specifically a point made at you or anyone in this thread in particular; just wondering why the general 'demand' for it that exists, outside of bike games. I remember hating the announcement from SMS about their Cote d'Azur and California Highway circuits, especially when the devs stated that each one would take 3-5x the length of a 'normal' track. PCARS is a great game, but I feared a lack of focus at that time, which they thankfully seem to have found again.

I didn't know that. I might send you a DM about that sometime, if that's OK?

Fear this may have got dragged a long way off topic! I wonder if Jay, JP, Alex or anyone else from the team could clarify whether, or roughly how much, time is saved by having the laser-scan data? Would be very interesting for a mere mortal (who's been gratefully downloading modded tracks since GP2!) to know.

Anytime m8 ;) Just PM and we will do some magic ;) After all I am a long term xbox360 pad user xD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back