F1 2010 If i can run DIRT 2 smoothly will F1 2010?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I bit the bullet and got it via steam.

I am running a 4x2.66mhz proc (S7) and a single Asus 5850 running at 900mhz and a triple display (4000x1024) and have no problems running dirt 2 at 4xaa at 60fps.

I expected F1 to run little slower as it is the same engine with a bit more detail in weather etc, but it runs a lot slower. I have set all details to low and run it at 2xaa at 4000x1024. I am guessing it is running at 30fps (vsync on). If anybody knows how to view fps without installing anything else, I can look up exact values for you.

If you are running a single display, I doubt the the difference in performance will be that large.

- Daniel

To get a FPS readout go to graphics and scroll to the very bottom and select Benchmark to test it (only patched version has this option) my machine is mid range (old) and I get 12 fps and it is still playable the only jitter I get is in the Garage and I can live with that, Before patch I was 30 - 40 fps easy and without the GPU fix (bah) I get another 10 fps but I like the rubbering effect so keep it on.

I notice you didnt give details of your Mobo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i recon because of the draw distances in F1 again close graphic details of bushes ect might be a problem and you Mobo is the issue if you want to run 3 screens

Im a big beliver that even though One has a nice graphics card and a nice prosesser if you dont have a good fast ect Motherboard its like using Ulitmate unleaded petrol in a **** box larda.

Here is some text from the discription of my motherboard and then an average one.

ASUS RAMPAGE XTREME 11 -http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-319-AS

Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (QPI), providing improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. It also supports up to 36 PCI Express 2.0 lanes providing better graphics performance. SLI or CrossFireX? Fret no longer because with the ROG Rampage II Extreme, you’ll be able to run both multi-GPU setups. The board features SLI/CrossFire on Demand technology, supporting up to three graphics cards in a 3-Way SLI or CrossFireX configuration. Whichever path you take, you can be assured of jaw-dropping graphics at a level previously unseen. The motherboard supports DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of 1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz to meet the higher bandwidth requirements of the latest operation system, 3D graphics, multimedia, and Internet applications. The triple-channel DDR3 architecture triple the bandwidth of your system memory to boost system performance, eliminating bottlenecks with peak bandwidths of up to 43.2 GB/s.

Average Board http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-171-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1155

The GA-EP45T-UD3LR introduces revolutionary GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 technology featuring a 2 oz copper PCB to help reduce system temperature and dramatically enhance performance. Based on the Intel P45 chipset the GA-EP45T-UD3LR delivers a record-setting 1600MHz FSB for the latest Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core processors, and supports dual channel DDR3 memory at speeds of up to 2200MHz and even higher. Additionally, the GA-EP45T-UD3LR incorporates GIGABYTE DES Advanced technology for industry leading energy saving and enhanced system efficiency.

As you can see, there is nothing based on graphic performance in the discription and yes i know my Motherboard is a little old in the tooth now, and i will be upgrading as soon as i have relocated to the UK.
Im not saying that you must go out and buy exspensive parts, but i have been building and overclocking for a number of years and you get to know what works with what, what can save money,,,,sometime 2 cards that total cost is lower than the 1 card and will deliver better frame rates and stability.
some memory doesnt like certain brands for what ever reason, I have found OCZ ram hates Gigabyte Mobos, well again thats just my experience.

DJ do you overclock your card, do you bench mark it (vantage ect ) and your mobo, what is your memory and how much.

I think the mobo Q was directed to me. It is a P5W DH deluxe with 4 gigs of corsair ddr3 and windows 7 ultimate, together with the processor it is a fine combination, but falling way behind compared to new systems.

@David - Thanks for the info.
I assumed that I was running the latest version via steam, but there was no information on the actual version that I was running and there were no updates available. I took a look at the graphics options and could not find any benchmarking.
It turns out steam users also have to use the windows live update, very confusing.

Gameplay does seem to be smoother with the update. With 4xaa and medium settings I can run 30fps, with everything turned down to low it runs at 45fps.

im running in DX11 mode, with all the mods, thanks to the great talent at this site... everything is maxed out... i get better FPS on this patch then i did on the last, abit strange?

if anyone is going to update their PC in the future then this is a rough guess of what you should be looking at or abit higher.... my pc was estimated at 900 Pounds, ofcoure the price is dropped and a bargian of a pc for around 500-650.

Windows 7 Ultimate
ATI Radeon 4890 1GB HD
8GB DDR2
Q6600 2.6Ghz

Can't remember my Motherboard specs but it's pretty decent.

i built this PC over a year and a half ago, run's any new game out there on all Medium - High settings.

i hope this helps if people are looking to upgrade.

im running in DX11 mode, with all the mods, thanks to the great talent at this site... everything is maxed out... i get better FPS on this patch then i did on the last, abit strange?

if anyone is going to update their PC in the future then this is a rough guess of what you should be looking at or abit higher.... my pc was estimated at 900 Pounds, ofcoure the price is dropped and a bargian of a pc for around 500-650.

Windows 7 Ultimate
ATI Radeon 4890 1GB HD
8GB DDR2
Q6600 2.6Ghz

Can't remember my Motherboard specs but it's pretty decent.

i built this PC over a year and a half ago, run's any new game out there on all Medium - High settings.

i hope this helps if people are looking to upgrade.

pretty much my system, apart from the chip i have the 920 overclocked and 2 x 4890 and 6gb ddr2 at 1800, and the rampage mobo,,,,,after reading your specs i have no idea why you aint getting good frame rates.........

pretty much my system, apart from the chip i have the 920 overclocked and 2 x 4890 and 6gb ddr2 at 1800, and the rampage mobo,,,,,after reading your specs i have no idea why you aint getting good frame rates.........

It's quite simple. His CPU is bottlenecked. Look it up. :) The CPU is old hat now and quite a limiting factor and his whole PC is just not up to modern standards. And most importantly, he's running in DX 11 Mode without a DX11 GPU. How strange? 8gig of Ram will do nothing, not even if you are using Win 7 64 bit edition.
A 500-600 quid PC now will completely run all over his specs. I know. I build gaming PC's.

Yes it will.

It's quite simple. His CPU is bottlenecked. Look it up. :) The CPU is old hat now and quite a limiting factor and his whole PC is just not up to modern standards. And most importantly, he's running in DX 11 Mode without a DX11 GPU. How strange? 8gig of Ram will do nothing, not even if you are using Win 7 64 bit edition.
A 500-600 quid PC now will completely run all over his specs. I know. I build gaming PC's.

Yes it will.

gotta agree with you, like i said in previous posts the barebones and the most important part is the Mobo and chip, people seem to think by having crap loads of ram it will make a magic uber fast pc, no matter if they are still running a 6600 gt card.

like you i build all of my machines and this is a older one

new_rig_025.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back