ICE Mod 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there...

i think wanna to tell about this mod because
ICE Mod 2017 are now release!...in Steam workshop.

its a fanastic mod with F1,Indycar,Formula E,Le mans LMP and GT3
all with new car 3d models(whiteout f1),over 200 real sponsors,real names etc..
plus a 35 livery pack.
you guys could try this one.

mod-edit: mods go in here and a thread will be created in the correct forum http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/

have fun.

EDIT: (Note ; i didn't make this mod...just post that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
GP3 teams...Art GP, Arden International, Trident, Dams, Koiranen, Jenzer Motorsport, Campos Racing...

and then Teams that leaves from GP3 year.
Carlin (2015),Status GP (2015),Marussia/Manor Racing (2014),Hilmer Motorsport(2014),Bamboo Engineering(2013),Ocean Racing(2012)

if some teams has already in GP2 then search teams from 2011 or F3/GP euro etc...i think its easy. :)

make a vote or choice teams yourself ? i am sure many here will help you if you ask what teams..make a list you wish and get ours feedback here :)

OK good people ........ a number of posts have been removed from this thread, either for being off-topic or insulting.

This is a mod discussion thread only, not an extension of any other forum where a battle has been started (we don't care by whom). That battle stays where it is and is not to be continued here thanks.

As for the mod itself, I know it's not hosted here, however like most mods people have used their valuable time to create something that they hope you will like, and it doesn't cost you a penny to use if you wish. Most modders do not mind constructive criticism, and/or advice on how to improve the mod in some way. That doesn't mean you have free reign to simply insult their efforts if you do not like the way the mod is being developed, or has been developed.

Quite simply if you do not like it .......... just move on and download another mod that suits your taste. Alternatively you are free to create your own mod for your own use, or for others to download if you wish. That way you may also get a taste of what it's like when the boot is on the other foot, and people and are over-critical (or just plain rude) about your mod

So please remain on topic in this thread, and generally think before posting very critical remarks about any other mod freely uploaded anywhere here at Race Department

Last edited:
As someone who worked on the mod i want to say a few things.

- i would rather see F2 and GP3/F3
- the track names are the custom ones
- i would like to see more realistic ratings; so Adrian Newey 5 stars instead of 4,5 and Verstappen as good driver as Ricciardo and equel status instead of 1st and 2nd driver
- and last, Mclaren and Williams have not the right team name
Indy and Formula E was a deliberate choice because auf a few different reasons (not doing what everyone else does like Chris said was one of them). The Track Names are not changed because of two reasons. The first being that the Mod is 100% Workshop compatible and will work without changing any game files. Just subscribe, enable, play. The second is that the Track Layouts are fictional and and do not represent their F1 "counterparts". Stats are always very subjective and while we welcome it if obvious errors (If we had Hamilton as a 1 Star Driver for example :D) are pointed out we can not be 100% perfect wehn it comes to 4,5 stars vs 4 or vs 4,2 stars. The Names of the Teams are also a deliberate decision because "Haas F1 Team" in Formula E or "Williams Martini Racing" with Johnny Walker as the Main Sponsor is really immersion breaking while Williams Grand Prix is their real name (its the name of the company) and works regardless of their sponsorship deals.

enough F2 guys: (you can use both test drivers)
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/line-up/254/
only few names in GP3 (easy to fill those 4?)
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/line-up/259/
Most if not all of these Drivers are in the Mod, some of them can only be seen if you have an upgraded Scouting Department tho.

GP3 teams...Art GP, Arden International, Trident, Dams, Koiranen, Jenzer Motorsport, Campos Racing...
And here you have our problem: only two GP3 Teams are NOT also GP2 (Formula 2) Teams which leaves us with eight "Fictional" Teams made up by including Teams that don't exist anymore or only compete in minor competitions. On my personal Mod (the "Not 2017 Mod") i included Teams from Formula E to fill those spots because they were the most logical choice for me. Their Logos are available in a Quality that i can get them to look good in game and there is enough information available about them.

One thing that is very important to me when modding is quality, that is why i sometimes spend up to six hours (or probably more in the case of Williams) on a single Livery and why we don't include Drivers where i can't find an acceptable Picture to use as a Portrait. When it comes to Drivers we also don't include anyone that was born after 2000 because the Game has no age restrictions, which could lead to an 11 year old in Formula One if we included Drivers that young. As for the Sponsors not looking good - i will have a look at those (not all of them are made by me and i already found some i'm not happy with) but sometimes its not possible to really improve the quality because the game renders the same graphics in two different aspect ratios.

TL;DR
Please point out obvious errors.
The Choice of Tiers was deliberate.
We have to work around the limitations of the game

I think all modders do a sterling job as it takes hours of patience for basically a free upgrade for other people. I think what ever you do their will always be naysayers but it's not cost you a penny guys just try it if you don't like it make constructive critisism to help them improve this any any other mod.

I noticed a few things were a bit wrong but I thought hey ho it's a game so if it's not 100% real so what it really doesn't matter.

As a avid Football Manager fan I have found the most fun is when you take a non entity and work with them or a team 10 years in the future and non of the usual names are players but have become coaches and managers I am sure in time people will realise this with MSM.

There are few You Tubers doing some good series both with and without mods personally I like to see more car types and tracks before we worry if Hamilton is able to drive a formula E when he is 38 or what ever.

The New Gt series added a whole new dimension to the game and so will additional cars and tracks tried my hand with Blender and Unity but really not my thing so will just enjoy the games of create for us.

I have not tried this mod out yet, but when I do, I think it is going to be amazing. It is shame that we can not create or design our own tracks or real life ones because they would be amazing for this game. Keep up with the good work guys. :)

Hey, I played your MOD last night and find it very well done. Very good work! I have a list of possible improvements!

- Track names please original
- GMA in FIA and all other fonts please original
- Color scheme not yet fit to the teams in F1 (McLaren is still black, should be actually orange)
- Suppliers do not fit into the teams (Renault has no Renault engines)
- F1 3d models if possible original
- possibly if all series are busy you could make a page with F1, F2, F3 and the GT page with Indycar and Formula E.

Hope I could help further. Best regards @Longhorn76

@Longhorn76 @Falko And others
I would like to just take the time out to apologise for everything that I've done/said over the past few weeks. What I said was disgusting and completely uncalled for. I felt on your behalf somethings were done by others were not completely right either, but instead of dealing with the situation like a mature respectable adult, I went out of control and over the top, I blew things out of proportion and said some horrible things. We will all have different sides of the story and opinions, but I will put all of it in the past. Next time i feel a sense of wrongfulness or injustice i promise to control myself and deal with it in the civilised manner epected on RD and on Steam.
I hope through my genuine apology we can all learn a lesson about how to communicate on the internet and move forward in a dignified and respective manner

Despite my opinions about the tracks, all modders involved have done a Sterling job.
From the bottom of my heart, I am deeply sorry and I beg for forgiveness. Even though what I've said is completely unforgivable, I hope all of you can forgive me and that we can move on. I completely misinterpreted the situation and I found out that a lot has been untrue.
If given the chance I will do everything I can to build bridges and be mates with all of you.
I would love to get to know all of you, I know Falko a little bit and he seems to be a very cool guy. I hope to discuss all things MM and mods.

Regards,

RCM

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I played your MOD last night and find it very well done. Very good work! I have a list of possible improvements!

- Track names please original
- GMA in FIA and all other fonts please original
- Color scheme not yet fit to the teams in F1 (McLaren is still black, should be actually orange)
- Suppliers do not fit into the teams (Renault has no Renault engines)
- F1 3d models if possible original
- possibly if all series are busy you could make a page with F1, F2, F3 and the GT page with Indycar and Formula E.

Hope I could help further. Best regards @Longhorn76

I saw your post @KekeJohn
There is no need to edit tracknames since they are not the same layout as original tracks. I see no sense to name "south africa" to "monaco" as an example.
GMA Font is not moddable via the workshopsystem.
Color scheme is correct, Mclaren is black/Orange. Maybe you have conflicting files/mods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back