IA MOD (MAKE LEGEND SLOWLY)

Ryder has now fixed the database issue post patch 2.

However the all database mods need to be done again in the new database, do you think you can release this mod again with the new database?

I had probably the most enjoyable race I have ever had using this mod yesterday.

Just done a bit of research, downloaded the Ryder database editor and edited the same files as the OP in this thread and tailered the AI to my level. Just done quali and what a battle! got beat by my team mate by 1 tenth. Yet to run a race but i'l report back on how it goes.

This is what I use to do with GP4 but the engine power.

Well happy.

Just done a bit of research, downloaded the Ryder database editor and edited the same files as the OP in this thread and tailered the AI to my level. Just done quali and what a battle! got beat by my team mate by 1 tenth. Yet to run a race but i'l report back on how it goes.

This is what I use to do with GP4 but the engine power.

Well happy.

Me too, I'm currently trying to tailor the game to my standard and the battles are very close!

So I've been doing some fooling around with the track_difficulties values in my database file and I found that, for me, using the 0.85 value rap99 provided wasn't quite challanging enough. I tried setting them all to 0.95 but noticed very little difference between that and the stock Legend. Seeing that the pro difficulties are not all equal across tracks, I decided to come up with a bit of an algorithm to generate new series of track-specific values for something between pro and legend.

I first tried taking the average between pro and legend for a given track, but most of the values fell between 0.84-0.88. That's higher than rap99's 0.85 value, but I wanted to try something a bit different as those values weren't all that dissimilar from rap's work.

I devised the following formula to calculate series of new track_difficulties values for each track:

6a8eeda9d552fe0b89aa2ca2bb7e674e.jpg

So the new difficulty value is the average of the pro difficulties (the summation expression) plus some fraction of the deviation between legend and pro difficulty. The d's represent the different difficulty values over i number of tracks. The parameter rho (the p looking greek letter) is some fraction between zero and one, though only values above 1/2 will give you difficulties greater than rap99's 0.85 value.

Using this formula I still preserve some of the unique differences in track difficulty present in the lower difficulty settings through the deviations. However, because I am using deviations, it means that tracks with a lower pro difficulty now have a relatively higher difficulty level. I did this to even out the AI performance. However, without testing I'm not sure if it'll wreck stuff up.

Anyway, I'll do some testing today and let you guys know how it goes.

PS: And yes, this is what a grad student in Economics does on the weekend for fun :p

Has anyone else been messing around with this and had a wierd weather bug. Im doing career, 2nd race in a row where there has been hard rain half way through the race yet the track stays bone dry. Im not sure it's because of editing the AI or a bug with the 2nd patch....?!

I want a version between intermediate and pro cause my skill level in I is 1 sec faster per lap and pro is over 1.5 sec slower per lap. I would like pro to be the level closer to pro than inter.

I tried to edit the database but it' doesn't work i have just updated the game with patch 1, the new value don't work .....AI LEGENd get the same times they are not slower

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back