I wont join club events because I can't win...

PsyaNyde

@Simberia
Dunno why you bother, all the usual suspects will race ( faster drivers) whilst the middling to slower drivers won't bother....' but you need to race the faster drivers to improve!' the usual cry from the already exp drivers, yeah, then why aren't kart drivers racing straight away in F1? The lack of 'beginner' leagues/ races in this place means an unfortunate end to my subs here, no skin off your noses i know and neither should it be, just my personal view on things.

The reason I commented as I did is that my own online experience started when I had "raced" the AIs in the GTP mod(for NR2003) for about 5 years.
I was good and did know how to setup the cars. :rolleyes:
And could on most track keep the AIs behind me even when their strenght was winded rather high up.

Then I did bite the bullet and joined the FSBRacing.com which had one monthly online GTP race with drivers from N/South America and Europe.
A rather disturbing realism check:x3:
OK I was still fast. Hehe at least faster than most of the midfielder and the mandatory rearlights.:)
But man it was hard to realise that there were allways 3-5 drivers that were about to lap me in the end of our about 1.5H races.

But this realism check did help me when I joined iRacing.:laugh:
Because eventhough I tried to compete with the fastest here there were allways some really fast drivers who disappered forward after a few laps - but later reappered in my rear mirror.:whistling:

Hehe I guess this realism check experience is part of adulthood and to come of age.:thumbsup:

Man, you see this so often... people are quick offline or with a certain group, they come here and it's harder so they quit...
I have similar experiences and I never give up.

Karting, I was pretty quick at indoor curcuits. My local indoor I was close to fastest lap and regularly on the podium. Then I went to Club100, and got slaughtered. Did I quit? No, just kept plugging on racing the quicker guys until I was running in the next class, then the class after that. You never learn from similarly skilled racing drivers.
The same is true in sim racing. I'm pretty quick online with AC against the masses, and usually battling up front for podium positions or at least top 6 which I thought was pretty decent. Call this the indoor karting track. Jump onto an AC race here with better, faster and more consistent drivers, and I'm mid pack. If I'm lucky... This is my virtual equivalent of Club100.

RF2 would prove this out even more so, and I'm well and truly a back marker, judging by this morning, although there were several factors at play which I won't bore people with here.
But do I quit? Do I get frustrated? No... not at all actually. I'm having fun lapping, (which you should already be happy doing or why are you sim racing anyway?), but with friendly alien-esque racers in RD that you can latch on to and see where they're braking and turning in etc., they also lend a hand when you inevitably start looking towards setting up the car, which to be honest should be the last thing on your mind apart from fuel whilst still learning. I've been sim racing for over 10 years now and still feel like a relative new comer to this awesome hobby. Things like this take time and tons of practice to even become a mid field runner. Kind of like real life racing...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back