I wont join club events because I can't win...

PsyaNyde

@Simberia
Dunno why you bother, all the usual suspects will race ( faster drivers) whilst the middling to slower drivers won't bother....' but you need to race the faster drivers to improve!' the usual cry from the already exp drivers, yeah, then why aren't kart drivers racing straight away in F1? The lack of 'beginner' leagues/ races in this place means an unfortunate end to my subs here, no skin off your noses i know and neither should it be, just my personal view on things.

The lack of 'beginner' leagues/ races in this place means an unfortunate end to my subs here, no skin off your noses i know and neither should it be, just my personal view on things.
I'd say this combo is in fact a perfect choice for a beginner. Raceroom Raceway, although a fantasy track (or maybe precisely because of it), offers a little bit of everything to help you learn, and the Aquilas are nice enough to drive while still being fun. There's a reason why both are part of the free content, IMO.
What would your idea of a "beginner race" be?

Dunno why you bother, all the usual suspects will race ( faster drivers) whilst the middling to slower drivers won't bother....' but you need to race the faster drivers to improve!' the usual cry from the already exp drivers, yeah, then why aren't kart drivers racing straight away in F1? The lack of 'beginner' leagues/ races in this place means an unfortunate end to my subs here, no skin off your noses i know and neither should it be, just my personal view on things.
may i ask what would you define as a "beginner race"?

give kart driver enough money and he will race in f1

Last edited:
I'd say this combo is in fact a perfect choice for a beginner. Raceroom Raceway, although a fantasy track (or maybe precisely because of it), offers a little bit of everything to help you learn, and the Aquilas are nice enough to drive while still being fun. There's a reason why both are part of the free content, IMO.
What would your idea of a "beginner race" be?
yeah the track and car are free, great, but the people you race against almost always include faster more exp racers, there should be seperate events for more equally, less exp/ talented drivers to compete in WITHOUT the faster drivers involved, ideally there would be seperate leagues/events where faster drivers would move up a league, as it is all the stuff here is just inclusive of everyone which is fine and all, but especially fine if you're already well versed in set ups, driving fast etc etc, because you know, yer gonna be in the top few @ the end anyway, whilst slower drivers will never be any more than a mobile chicane. This arguement has been had many, many times before, it's always dismissed out of hand, so it's kinda pointless even mentioning it, but nevertheless i have, like I said, it's my OWN personal opinion, which as far as i'm aware, i'm still entitled to.

So what you want is a chance to finish at a good place?

I'd love to hear you describing things more deeply, for example, id like you to describe how would you select who's fast and who is not, how would you determine that and force it in practice?

yeah the track and car are free, great, but the people you race against almost always include faster more exp racers, there should be seperate events for more equally, less exp/ talented drivers to compete in WITHOUT the faster drivers involved, ideally there would be seperate leagues/events where faster drivers would move up a league, as it is all the stuff here is just inclusive of everyone which is fine and all, but especially fine if you're already well versed in set ups, driving fast etc etc, because you know, yer gonna be in the top few @ the end anyway, whilst slower drivers will never be any more than a mobile chicane. This arguement has been had many, many times before, it's always dismissed out of hand, so it's kinda pointless even mentioning it, but nevertheless i have, like I said, it's my OWN personal opinion, which as far as i'm aware, i'm still entitled to.
If I may be so bold to suggest that you watch sum alien driving on YouTube such as @PresidentSmug he mainly iracing nowadays. But he does has a considerable amount of raceroom videos of all types setups and instructional driving videos all sorts of stuff. I personally have learnt a great deal from him and he's always open to a question or two. Just watching him or any other alien for that matter would be helpful.

You can also try the leaderboard in challenge a driver a few spots higher than you. And follow him around the track and check out his lines or go crazy and pick the top of the leaderboard and try sticking with him taking note of his lines and breaking points and gear changes. Etc

Last edited:
@PsyaNyde And what would be the point of excluding faster drivers? I'm afraid I'm on RD's side in this discussion, I just don't see a point of races that exclude certain people. It's club racing, it's not league racing, it really shouldn't matter whether you come first or last, the only thing that should matter is that you have fun while racing, which is something you yourself are mostly responsible for, not the other drivers (provided they don't intentionally crash you or something like that, but that doesn't really happen in club events), and excluding faster drivers wouldn't do anything in that regard IMO. Besides, more often than not lately, if you exclude faster drivers, you don't have a race at all, because there's not that many people attending the events, really.

Also, how would you decide who is fast and who is slow? What is fast to one may not be fast to others, and my opinion on who's fast and who's not will likely be different than an opinion of someone who's regularly on podium.

So I really don't see how that should work and what advantage would there be to doing something like that. Again, this is club racing, it's basically already everything you want to see, except it includes faster drivers, because why separate them? And especially this event in particular I think is a perfect opportunity for beginners to join and have fun, as I've mentioned earlier. The only thing that might lessen the fun for the slower drivers is that there's not that many of them signed up (which is something I am also somewhat guilty of, though I did originally intend to join this event to support the club and I even tried to promote it, but things got a bit complicated afterwards), but that is really up to them to resolve (you, us...)

And remember, I am saying this as someone who more often than not is one of the backmarkers. I might set a fairly OK time here and there, but most of the time, I'm scraping the bottom. So it's not like I'm saying this because I'm one of the fast drivers.

That being said, I think it would certainly be nice if there was more of those Driver Academy type of events, which might help people who for one reason or another are reluctant to join a regular club event. But why they are so rare, that I can't tell you. One would think there's enough people in this community who would be both able and willing to do them, and there certainly seems to be interest, but...

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback on our club John. I don't recall seeing you actually sign up for anything in R3E recently, but thanks all the same. :thumbsup:

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said really. Our club racing is just for fun, not for competition. It's open to everybody and always will be. The clubs are a place where people of any level can jump in and practice racing with real people, and a place where the less experienced can learn a great deal from the more experienced. Take the experienced drivers away, and how is anybody going to learn anything?

And as others have touched upon, who decides who is too "fast" for an event? You? Me? What about people that are fast in one class of car but slow in another? It would be completely impossible to do anything of that nature, not to mention that it would be unfair. Nobody should be penalised because of their abundance or lack of ability, whichever end of the scale they fall upon.

Edit: It was me that moved the posts because I am sick of people derailing event threads with whinging and negativity, despite my repeated requests that they make dedicated threads to air their views. If you don't like the title I choose, then make your own threads as you should be doing. Simple. And if you have a problem with me personally or any of my actions, feel free to contact RD management.

Last edited:
Please don't take this the wrong way mate but you do sound a bit disheartened in your performance. I don't know how long you been Sim racing but there's always room for improvement all it takes is time. Take me for instance some say I'm fast and some will laugh. But either way whatever speed I am it is done from practice and persistence more practice screaming to the top of my voice and more practice.

I first started racing F1 games from Codemasters with believe it or not a joystick and then Logitech GT something. And after some time I joined race department just over 2 1/2 years ago. Totally different type of racing. I remember my first race GT3 at Bathurst straight in the deep end. Qualified at the back of the grid. I even forgot to top up my fuel. I messed up the pit stop and yes ran out down the back straight.:mad::confused::cry: My first club race a total disaster and the worst thing about it I've done again since.:roflmao: But over time I've got better from the advice and help of others. And sometimes you have to ask or you just don't get.

So at the end of the day the club events are open to all capabilities. Sometimes there is a big difference between driver capabilities especially when numbers are low. The more there is the better it is. It is simply less noticeable that you are slower and others a faster whether you're in the midfield or at the front or the back. In reality it doesn't matter where you are the club events are meant to be fun. It is said that im fast I hear more laughing but if I'm in front it's lonely just as lonely as if I was at the back. I'm not that bothered about winning but I'd rather not be at the back and the worst thing about it is going off due to an unforced error. Where I end up I do not care. Having fun with a great bunch of guys and have a policy of clean racing enjoying what they do and seeing to it with the best of their abilities that others enjoy the race as well.

So please always do your best never quit. Practice as much as you can. Work on your setups. The only thing it's stopping you from having a win here in there is you.

And remember and to help put things in perspective it has taken me 2 1/2 years to have the capability to put a free content car and track at the top of the leaderboard.

I got this sim in early 2016 but never really started playing the SIM until I signed up to race department Jan 21, 2017 and since that time.
21057 laps
115 days 1 hour and 41 minutes on track.
215069 km

I know you're a beginner but you really need to treat it as a passing phase. Knuckle down and get on with it.
And by the way we're both the same age so no excuses old man.:roflmao:

Good luck and have I mentioned, practice a lot.:roflmao:;)

Last edited:
Well I'm certainly not fast, have the odd day when things click and by click I mean, height of the holiday season, Macau and my weaving skills are top notch. Although personally I would prefer a more structured league to run in parallel to the existing format, I also fully understand that the work involved is enormous, provocative and without reward. This would also need a good base of combatants, which for some peculiar reason, as RR improves and adds features and content the numbers dwindle :O_o: I know I'm a fine one to talk but I have a note from my Mum. Something is not right, as I definitely remember missing out several times as I was too late to enter, in the past. Of course not knowing RD's numbers, speculation is even pointless. Can only be down to RR or RD or can it, Sim racing is having a golden period of development in all avenues. Thanks mainly to big race teams now understanding where their next Hamilton will spring from, not just the driving, it's the ability to use the plethora of buttons and adjustment available to the modern driver to get round a track faster than the opposition. With this boom has come numerous titles, from an array of formats, all this does is dilute what is still a niche market even more. If only 10 or so people race the disparity of abilities becomes that more apparent.
The solution................................ well I'm not here for that, how am I supposed to know, just definitely NOT a referendum. :p

image.png
and so it begins as they circle wagons.

I'm replying to you in the open, your signature is against our ToS and I warned you about that, besides that nothing in your post was altered by me.
If you changed that then that was the end of the matter as far as I was concerned and I would have done the same to anyone with anything similar in their sig.
Your rant is however a very different matter.

You have 'crossing a line' and 'crossing a line' but this has crossed so many lines that you have 3 strikes in 1 go. Congrats you have successfully removed yourself from our community @PsyaNyde and reached your goal at the same time. You will indeed not join events anymore nor win.

This is behavior that is absolutely unacceptable at this forum. Time to leave.

I don't know if you're going to see this message or not @PsyaNyde but all the same. You made a silly post people disagree with it and the worst thing about it people good people reached out with good advice. And that's where you should have left it alone you should have taken it on board for what it is and sometimes how it is. But unfortunately he decided to go bloody crazy ape :poop:. For something you somewhat brought onto yourself. If anything is learnt by this is that sometimes some people need to chill out a little. Including me I suppose.:whistling:

Last edited:
The lack of 'beginner' leagues/ races in this place means an unfortunate end to my subs here, no skin off your noses i know and neither should it be, just my personal view on things.
Have you ever wondered why you have difficulties participating in races with faster drivers than yourself?
Because one reason could be that you cannot comprehend the fact that you are not that fast as you think you should be.
So therefore you dont want to race faster drivers - because their speed makes this terrible fact obvious to yourself.
If you just relaxed a bit and accepted that there are allways faster drivers than yourself - then the problem disappears(more or less).;)

Have you ever wondered why you have difficulties participating in races with faster drivers than yourself?
Because one reason could be that you cannot comprehend the fact that you are not that fast as you think you should be.
So therefore you dont want to race faster drivers - because their speed makes this terrible fact obvious to yourself.
If you just relaxed a bit and accepted that there are allways faster drivers than yourself - then the problem disappears(more or less).;)
I will always remember how I went to my local kart track after doing a driver safety training and a lot of project cars to get totally deliberated... Not even in the top 300.
Then I did my first race here at RD in ac with the abarth 500. Practiced until I didn't become faster anymore. Thought I'd give a good fight at the midfield. Nope, dead last...

Studied replays of the podium drivers, asked for help etc and now I indeed mostly give a good fight at the midfield or even for podium positions!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%