I want to like RF2.....

Can't wait for your comeback :coffee:

AC 16 servers 10+
rF2 16 servers 7+

I have never said rF2 is 100% good lol
Far from it but you and others try to make out that is what I think
I have said 100 times rF2 is buggy but you can work around most of it

But you put down my idea of setting up server for the first timers, you know the buzz most get out of doing first time ?, do you remember ? or can't you get a server to run in rF2 like many others either

If it was simple to setup a rF2 server there would be many more with drivers in them, bugs and all.

Last edited:
Anyway anyone want to test online I put a room up today
You need only Default and 3PA content and the 8 Tatuus
This will allow you to test all Tatuus and retain your lap times
without having to leave room, something you can't do in
any other sim.
So come and show me what is so wrong with online

All you need is download my rfmod ( 34kb)

Drop that in Packages folder and install it and will tell you if you have all content needed

Start rF2 go multiplayer, my room is at the very top of either list let all servers load then refresh order. Name " Tatuus Test " as in Pic

In Pic you can basically see everything same as in tutorial
Sitting in room doing all this lol too easy

Here in room click there to drive any car in PRACTICE
Once qualify starts you are stuck with last car you selected
That is why I say you should use a private online server for offline,
so you can swap cars without reloading tracks and sessions
also you retain all lap times for each car you drive

Last edited:
There is 16 servers with 7+ I can see ?
Why not start a server you can do and race on 1 PC ?
The reason there is dozen less servers then could be is the dozens that try and can't work it out to setup on their own PC like I always have
Anyway you talk rubbish, empty servers my ass

View attachment 578581
Filter the servers with AIs and then we can talk. Those servers on the top of your picture are filled with AIs because you never see that many people on open lobby servers in rF2, not in my timezone anyways (CET). Even if those are servers with real human beings you wrote that comment at 1:26. You know most people tend to sleep at that time. Prime time for gaming is between 6pm and 0am in Europe.
Looks like you took this thing personally, are you a fanboy? Because I play mostly rF2 so in a lot of peoples mind I could be a fanboy but I can admit when something sucks.
Right now in rF2 I see 15 (fifteen) players in the lobby, while in AC I see 9 servers with more than 8 people. This time (it's morning here) is not the best to play online multiplayer in any game but this shows the difference.

Last edited:
I checked the servers from the US about 20 minutes after your posting yesterday and discovered one server consisting of 5 humans with 2 AI and another server with only 5 humans then a third server with only 3 humans.. All the other servers consisted of only AI except for a handful of servers with one human running several AI to keep them company.:(

Hopefully this will improve in the future with good organized race events.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I checked the servers from the US about 20 minutes after your posting yesterday and discovered one server consisting of 5 humans with 2 AI and another server with only 5 humans then a third server with only 3 humans.. All the other servers consisted of only AI except for a handful of servers with one human running several AI to keep them company.:(

Hopefully this will improve in the future with good organized race events.:thumbsup:
That would have been 8p Pacific on a Friday or Saturday night on Independence Day weekend? Of course it's going to be dead! Try 10a Pacific time on a non-holiday weekend.

Sorry my bad, never realized was so many servers running AI
That is just depressing
No problem.
Yes it's depressing but it's not really surprising, the situation is the same since the game came out. Our hope is that a lot of people fill out that survey and S397 listens but I'm not too hopeful because it's been 9 years since the game came out and S397 was in charge for 6 of those 9 years. A lot of things need to change but if they work as fast as they have with the UI... let's just say maybe in 2030... :D

Yip would be so good if they realised the potential of that game or how to make it easier for new comers. This joining a server and needing to own content or download a million things I don’t want to with no cancel button etc is tiresome. Plus having to own all the content. So many things go against them. I owned it for years before I finally persevered and got to understand the game and finally enjoy it. U shouldn’t have to edit so many json files, read forum posts from years ago, join a discord to ask questions just to get to a stage where u can appreciate the game bugs and all. I remember being told it had the best ai lol,,,,but that said I do love it and it’s my most played sim these days, vr or pancake. Maybe marcel buys it back, he certainly hasn’t left the scene or game devs since leaving.

I still happy using old version just hope they do sound for all cars.
I can still run server on gaming tower and join it.
When I put up server the other day 2 joined but left without turning a lap.
I lost count of the people on here wanted to run a server for their friends
and couldn't work it out.
Even in steam tutorial last post was 2021 and said this is not the tutorial you need but that is wrong and links people to old old tutorial before Steam. rF2 does not include "Race Events" anymore you have to make your own rfcmp's

If you follow this one easy to setup

Problems with above tutorial
1. In mod manager they set the wrong path you just need to change both

Untitled 1.jpg

2. Another thing not mentioned in tutorial, if you use your own PC to host and join you must run the rfcmp's you use in both the dedicated server\packages and your Steam\rF2\packages

3. If you use your own PC you start steam\ rFactor2 first and sit in menu,
go to desktop ( windowed mode etc. ) and setup server and boot it from shortcut.
Then go back to running rFactor2, click Multiplayer to see your server and join.

4. Every time you leave your room you need to shut server start rfacor2 and start server again otherwise when you go to start rF2 it will already be running

5. The main thing is they don't explain or give links for port forwarding and get that running first.
Here you find every router model and easy to follow tutorial with pics.

Last edited:
Yeah discord support channel is mostly server help which to be fair the staff are very responsive in and helpful. There’s some great guys over there, staff and players, what kind of cars do U run?

I wonder how many servers there are unused, surely could do some kind of deal to use rather then sitting idle.

I like Historic especially F3, V8's, BTCC, LMP GT3 Tatuus ( F3) . loved early Indycar testing

Would love a mod of these..

Last edited:
Yep the new tires are off the charts. Hard to say u dont like this now. its amazing. accurate description. the weight speed and throttle is so framed well, momentum truly becomes a thing. everything is enhanced and it was already very good.

i only put preload to 100 for porsche gte, and 8 traction control on nord but that on it own is enough to understand. i was having a bit of trouble getting used to brands with it as my existing setup was no longer good.

imagine the new indy car but now across about 12 cars, this tops all, this and AC is great. Theres a reason 10k people play AC at one time, rf2 is in the ballpark now, hope it sees commercial success, ams 2 as well but may be they take so long... AC/AC2 and rf2 I think maybe are hard tricks to follow. rennsport is only alpha, maybe. ACC I think did its needed thing but not as long lasting as AC or rf2.

Its possible also I know at least the product side of business :) I am just making observations. I have my own prejudices

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

I'm bumping this thread to say that I genuinely hate the AI in rF2.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.