I must admit it's starting to grate....

I mean my lack of ability to stop a slide or tank slapper and end up pointing the wrong way down the track, even when I only have 10 ltrs of fuel.
Surely the physics must be wrong somewhere along the way when going onto a kerb or astro strip at 20/30kmh sends you into a spin or slide and you cannot do anything about it, either power out or lifting off has absolutely no effect, you are just a passenger, then the pathetic penalty system kicks in giving multiple penalties for the same 'mistake' while you are trying to get back on the black stuff..

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have over 200hrs so far, but this simple (and basic) part is starting to really pi$$ me off :mad::mad::mad:

I don't find the lift-off over-steer that hard to adapt to so long as you don't over react or hit the brakes. I feather in some throttle and steer into the direction I want to go and it usually straightens out without a lot of drama. Usually. :)

The lift of oversteer especially in the 2-Eleven is horrendous! I mean, if that's how it is in real life then I'm totally fine with it, but it's just incredibly tough to drive. ahah
I've never driven any car with a mid engine in real-life but every game I've tried seems to have that effect. It can be very effective if you master how to control it I bet. When I'm on it I really enjoy it but other times it can get frustrating not getting it right. In this instance I always looked at it as a game feature and thought and still think it's amazing. All the cars feel different.

Try driving the 458 in the same manner and you will notice the edl light start flickering all the time.

Ive been under the impression for years that short wheel based vehicles snap and spin quicker than medium to long wheelbase, I have to admit I find it easier to catch larger cars over smaller cars in most sims I drive, not that I catch many believe me..... but practice makes perfect, so they say. ;):thumbsup:

All you need to catch F1 cars slides is braking hard ! :D

I think that the game physics are top notch ! maybe tyres need to be adjusted, but i am far from being sure ! i don't like talking about things i have no idea about , the fastest car i've been inside in my whole life was a BMW M3 E36 :D

All you need to catch F1 cars slides is braking hard ! :D

I think that the game physics are top notch ! maybe tyres need to be adjusted, but i am far from being sure ! i don't like talking about things i have no idea about , the fastest car i've been inside in my whole life was a BMW M3 E36 :D
I rarely take the f1 cars out yet but I have it happen in the MP4-12C GT3 a bunch. The majority is driver error though lol.

I have had maybe a half dozen spins in close to 300 hours of gameplay where I was left shaking my head wondering what happened......

Sorry Pedro, anybody that can't get the sim running smoothly using not one, but two Titans is somebody that I can't take seriously......boy

i never said i couldn't boy....
what i said was: you cant max out this game with full grid above 60fps.
Can you???...think about the answer if you want to be taken seroiusly too!

The lift of oversteer especially in the 2-Eleven is horrendous! I mean, if that's how it is in real life then I'm totally fine with it, but it's just incredibly tough to drive. ahah
I don't intend to start any arguments, but since you mentioned RL vs sim Lotus 2-11 there is a pretty good but somewhat old thread here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lotus-2-eleven-assetto-corsa-vs-real-life.2652/
A user named Rob Manser owns Lotus 2-11 and compares his RL track experiances with AC.
(TLDR: Generally he says that AC car is quite close to RL one)

In
I don't intend to start any arguments, but since you mentioned RL vs sim Lotus 2-11 there is a pretty good but somewhat old thread here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lotus-2-eleven-assetto-corsa-vs-real-life.2652/
A user named Rob Manser owns Lotus 2-11 and compares his RL track experiances with AC.
read that thread and posted in it. The video he submitted was stunning at how close it was to real life.

Yeah I've seen that thread. It's really interesting. Kunos do look to have gotten it pretty spot on.

I dunno, I probably just suck with that car, but It's the only car in the game that I can't seem to get a handle on. Everyother car is driveable ahah.

It can be drama for me since I suck but it is a blast learning how to use it correctly. That 2-11 is a weapon!
Yes, it's one of my favorite cars in AC. The steering is precise, good feedback and you can balance the under/over steer nicely with a bit of throttle input. Just be sure to make the significant throttle and brake inputs before you get into the turns - then steady on the gas, feather as needed through turn exit = FUN. :)

Yeah I've seen that thread. It's really interesting. Kunos do look to have gotten it pretty spot on.

I dunno, I probably just suck with that car, but It's the only car in the game that I can't seem to get a handle on. Everyother car is driveable ahah.
It could come down to controller characteristics - especially where a car like the 2-11 is very sensitive to off-throttle inputs. Going from a G25 to the CSW/CSP helped me with those types of fine control issues.

This "tankslapper" problem is the one thing that makes me close down AC after a couple of laps or so, ive spent some time fiddling with the settings slider but I just cant get it dialled out, I hope its not that lack of skill issue I read about in a previous post.....

It is true that saving a slide is surprisingly difficult in a game that othervise is very good when it comes to car physics. Some cars are worse than others, I find that the 312T and Huyara are two of the best ones in this department, they react very well and seems more balanced in general as i think they respond more natural to your input to recover from slides.

However many of the other cars do not react as you would expect and not only slides unnaturally easy they also tend to snap violently - even at low speeds - so I don't think you are totally wrong in what you are saying. :)

I also agree with Paul that turning off centre spring helps. (on a G27 that is)

Correcting a slide in AC feels almost perfect to me, compared to say iRacing where you if you lose traction at all, you are almost certainly going for a spin.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.4%