PC1 I just can't settle with pcars? Is it just me?

For some reason I just can't get into it.

I've all the addon packs. I've spent so much time tweaking the settings...and it just seems to be missing something. It never looks as good as the promo videos even though I've a good rig. The FFB never seems to give me a great feel. The shadows are all over the place and some tracks look very good and some look poor.

I don't think I'll ever be buying any more addons.

Am I the only one that's getting to the point of uninstalling and moving on? It's just 'not doing it for me'....could be me not necessarily the game.

I also get the feeling I'm playing a game and not a sim sometimes....

The only good comparison I can think is laptimes between such games and cornering speed. And then of course comes the tire grip into play. I don't know which one F1000 is using in PCars, i m going to guess Soft Slicks, but in reality this car might be using a Medium compound. I m not so compound savvy so I can't be sure on those things.

Hard to describe. It´s not about laptimes. It´s about the feelings that you get from other sims. Take AC, IR, rfactor, AMS etc. Every open wheeler, no matter how fast, has a similar feeling and you know what will happen when you do this and that. I don´t get this feeling in Pcars.

This thread makes me want to cry lol; I personally love PCars and I would rather take a bullet to the head than play AC. (Maybe not to that extreme!)

It all comes down to preference really. I believe Pcars is more of a Simcade which is why I enjoy it as I was really into the GRID series, and AC just seems way too simmy for me. It takes way too much focus to survive when driving, and that kinda takes out the enjoyment factor from AC for me; but like I said its all down to personal preference. If you want your driving experience to be as realistic as possible, then you would settle for AC, but if you want to have a funner experience, and perhaps play a game with a more Arcady side to it, then PCars is the way to go.

They may both be Racing games but they are very different in many perspectives.

I find it the other way around, I find AC more forgiving. I don't find anything arcade in driving PCars. I have yet to realise what people mean by that and which part of PCars they seem to find so arcade that they go to such great lengths to crap on PCars. Sure, it didn't deliver the full package they promised, but I guess that does not bother me, I find the missing things or things going wrong (AI) to be minor annoyances. I deal with them, it can be unpleasant if you expected perfection, but I go on and enjoy the things that are good with this title.
I was curious about AC and I started playing it at a close friend's house. Took me about 2 weeks of driving the things that I was craving, like Ferrari and Lambo, but then I came to the realisation that they were not that special anymore and I haven't played AC in 3weeks and I m not missing it. There hasn't been ONE day that I don't come back from work or whatever and I do not sit down with PCars and do a few hotlaps. I m hooked what can I say, AC just didn't do that. I didn't see how sim it was, I saw drifting potential, which is nice, but just not my thing. The GT3s are nice, but I like them more in PCars, especially the sounds. So I wish someone can take a very lengthy post and analyze their thoughts on the arcadey character of PCars, because I cannot see it in the driving.

Too right man. Too right! ;)

PCars is the perfect game for me. Its realistic but at the same time fun to play. Theres a whole bunch of Cars and tracks; a larger variety than most Racing Games to date, a huge community, alot of customization and even Time trial!

I really can't wait for PCars2 to be released, and until then I will simply binge play PCars, and the occasional bit of GRID! ^_^

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back