1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no spray in the rain

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by eyewants, Sep 30, 2017.

1. eyewants

eyewants

Ratings:
    +4
    I have no spray. I have weather effects at highest, particles at highest, smoke shadows at highest. I have restarted many times with no success. Anybody have an idea?

2. Sascha Guenther

Sascha Guenther

Ratings:
    +100
    That issue was introduced with their latest patch; it occurs once you have something changed in your graphic Settings. Restarting may help (as you did) but not in any case.

3. BlindDeadMacSlow

BlindDeadMacSlow

Ratings:
    +22
    This also happens if you Alt/Tab out & Alt/Tab back in. You will have particle physics beforehand but on flipping the game back up from the toolbar, they will be gone until you close it completely & restart.

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +219
    That's why my framerate goes magically up, when alt-tabbing. Did not drive in the rain yet.

5. eyewants

eyewants

Ratings:
    +4
    Problem fixed with patch 1.9! However, even on high detail and heavy rain, its still not to the level of real spray. There was a mod for F1 2016 that was very realistic. You could not see the car in front of you. Hope someone is working on it.

6. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +228
    You mean the storm mod by vlasovas?
    It's been his speciality for the past few years (except 2015) to create such a mod. Maybe he'll join '17 and create it once again, we'll see.

7. eyewants

eyewants

Ratings:
    +4
    ParkYongLee: that's the one. I apparently found it some time back. He mentioned he'd look at it in early September but nothing from him since.