I disassembled my T-LCM pedals today and discovered that...

@franciscosoares1713 @maxilogan @Mark Christopher @RobPhoboS

NQKc4DB.png

I was super unhappy with the throttle and clutch feel of my T-LCM pedals after upgrading from a set of T3PAs. I looked all over the internet for a spring upgrade and found no conclusive information whatsoever except for this lone post comment by a Reddit user.

I decided to trust their comment and give the upgrade a try...and WOW. Hard to describe just how worth it the effort was. If you have a set of T-LCM pedals and hate the toy-like throttle/clutch feel, I highly recommend you give this mod a try! The springs are ten bucks if you get them from your local Grainger (if you live in the USA or Canada) or you can have them shipped from Grainger or Zoro for a little extra.

Here's a link to the springs in question:

Grainger
Zoro

If this is not an option for you I suggest you find an equivalent spring in your area of the world based on the listed specs.

I decided to join this board and share this information with the hope that the find can help you all as well!

Last edited:
@franciscosoares1713 @maxilogan @Mark Christopher @RobPhoboS

NQKc4DB.png

I was super unhappy with the throttle and clutch feel of my T-LCM pedals after upgrading from a set of T3PAs. I looked all over the internet for a spring upgrade and found no conclusive information whatsoever except for this lone post comment by a Reddit user.

I decided to trust their comment and give the upgrade a try...and WOW. Hard to describe just how worth it the effort was. If you have a set of T-LCM pedals and hate the toy-like throttle/clutch feel, I highly recommend you give this mod a try! The springs are ten bucks if you get them from your local Grainger (if you live in the USA or Canada) or you can have them shipped from Grainger or Zoro for a little extra.

Here's a link to the springs in question:

Grainger
Zoro

If this is not an option for you I suggest you find an equivalent spring in your area of the world based on the listed specs.

I decided to join this board and share this information with the hope that the find can help you all as well!

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try for sure :thumbsup:
As a side note, did you replace both throttle and clutch springs with the same type (the one indicated above)?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try for sure :thumbsup:
As a side note, did you replace both throttle and clutch springs with the same type (the one indicated above)?
I found that the stock clutch spring was perfectly suited to the throttle, so I just used the mail order spring in the clutch. This way the clutch is slightly heavier than the throttle as in most real cars.

However, if you want the throttle and clutch to have roughly equivalent force, you could certainly use the same spring for both; there is no technical reason it wouldn't work.

You can just place the top cover back on the pedals and reinstall the aluminum pedal plates to test without reinstalling all the screws to try out different combinations. With the top cover unscrewed, swapping the springs is trivial, so might as well experiment while it's all apart. :)

I found that the stock clutch spring was perfectly suited to the throttle, so I just used the mail order spring in the clutch. This way the clutch is slightly heavier than the throttle as in most real cars.

However, if you want the throttle and clutch to have roughly equivalent force, you could certainly use the same spring for both; there is no technical reason it wouldn't work.

You can just place the top cover back on the pedals and reinstall the aluminum pedal plates to test without reinstalling all the screws to try out different combinations. With the top cover unscrewed, swapping the springs is trivial, so might as well experiment while it's all apart. :)
This is what I actually did on my previous T3PA

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea