DiRT Rally I am getting obliterated in rallycross... please help.

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hello.

I'm a huge Dirt Rally fan and i recently found that WRX was in the game to (shame on me i know)

So i decided to enter a Online Rallycross race. put the car in first gear jammed to throttle and off i went.

First 2 meters i thought i was in the lead. until the other guys suddenly get a Jet engine and Vtec Combined and overtake me like i was snailing.

What am i doing wrong?

And then in the corners... nothing but understeer understeer understeer...

I'm in a "On Loan" Citroen DS3 Rallycross with baseline setups.
WRX.jpg

Please help :D

OK a couple of things here.

Depends what class you are in. IN the 2wd classes, the upgrade level of the car makes a massive difference. Steer clear of Mini's as even with an upgraded car on some of the tracks you will often find hard to get anywhere near the win, they make no mistakes and even when they do theya re ruthless and stupidly aggressive to get past and will spin you out in a heartbeat.

Concentrate on trying to get the jump at the start, you can really jump the start a bit if you practice.

In the 1600a nd supercars classes your car level matters hugely, do some events away from career to improve the car and then you will find it much easier.

Learn the track by heart, both off and on the racing line as you will have to use that to pass and keep your position.

The DS3 for me is the worst supercar, try a 208 or Subaru, far more neutral.

Much apriciated :D

The 208 feels a lot better then the DS3 can drive a LOT faster with it.
i can actually challenge the leaders now if i dont screw up the joker lap which i always do :p

I do believe that many of the fast-guys are using the Citroën, I find the Fiesta more fitting to my driving style (and default setup) ^^, Haven't done RX in a very very very long time though.

There are lots of reasons why RX is poor in the game, I think having it in a rally game is rather stupid as the time behind the wheel is so limited.

They need a rwd class, and possibly a retro class to make it more interesting, and let's face it they need, far, far more tracks. 3 tracks is pathetic really.

If they have the WRX licence why on earth are they not using it more? Makes no sense

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back