ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition

Cars ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
About the first i wouldn't know, i believe it must be something to do with the AI settings, maybe a more aggressive AI would overtake those cars quicker?

The second i guess your hud is pulling the filter names... it was hard enough to create the round by round filters, so making that would be impossible while keeping the same naming system.

I am glad you like the mod, thanks for your words! :)

Tried it last night, and I must say it was a blast. The Gear changes are different, missed a few for being impatient. Handling is not knife edge, you enter too fast and your going to spin, even with the wing. Cars all seem similar, but at the same time just slightly different.
It would be nice to have an option for the gear changes though, but iots not a deal breaker by any means.
Just try it out, and its OK grinning is part of sim racing.

So is this the only change?
The delay comes from this two lines in the hdv files.

AdvancedUpshiftDelay=0.21
AdvancedDownshiftDelay=0.21

Or is there more you need to change ?
I thought I saw something about sequence as well?

Hey Richard......I just wanted to compliment you on this extremely awesome mod! I can't imagine how many man hours it would even take to create something like this. I too , am having the shifting problem's , as I use paddle shifter's ( no choice ) , and will try the fix listed here in this thread so I can enjoy this great mod.

I will say , that even though the shifting " up speed " is terrible for myself......I truly believe this has to be one of the most detailed , most creative and well thought out mod's to ever grace AMS. So with that.....Thank you!

Btw......as I just looked , I can't figure out how to open an HDV file. Is there a main single file that needs to be changed , or do we need to change it for all the cars? Anyone know?

Ok....so after I figured out how to change the upshift speed from 0.21 to 0.08.....it made a world of difference! You still have to be gentle on the throttle on the upshift , as it'll either sound like you're roasting the tires , or frying the clutch. But after doing that little fix , for me personally.....this mod came into it's own! Richard , you built us a masterpiece! This thing is so much fun , I can't even tell you. Thanks so much for making this thing. I drive everything from mini cooper's , to V8 supercar's , to current F1 on most all my sims. I never really played around that much with the classic type F1 car's.....until now. This mod is soooo challenging! I already love AMS a bunch , and you just made it even better , so thank you!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for continuing to improve the mod! I was just wondering if you would go into a little more detail as to what you have changed regarding the tyres and drag. I've spent a while tinkering with the previous build and have it just as I would like, it feels perfect. Is the handling of the cars affected at all with the update?

Would be great if we had all the tracks for the '71 season - would like to run a championship. Otherwise these cars are a blast to drive, just have to make my right foot lift when changing up!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back