ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition

Cars ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Are you lifting from the throttle when you shift?
If not, that is the issue. You have to lift (yes, even with auto clutch) to shift in these cars.
I know, i'm doing that, but i wish the computer did that for me just to make life easier (i have to guess when it's going to shift) and i don't mind having a longer shift time in order to get that.
edit: i'm using autoshift as well.

I know, i'm doing that, but i wish the computer did that for me just to make life easier (i have to guess when it's going to shift) and i don't mind having a longer shift time in order to get that.
edit: i'm using autoshift as well.

:laugh:

It's not supposed to be easy. You're using driving aides, all this is the penalty for that, otherwise those driving without aide, properly, are the ones being "penalized".

Be patient, learn the timing of the shifts and the guess work will be taken out of it via muscle memory.
GL.

Would be great if we had all the tracks for the '71 season - would like to run a championship. Otherwise these cars are a blast to drive, just have to make my right foot lift when changing up!

Sorry for not being so helpful, will send you links later today after work :)

Hi all, great 1971 mod ... I still play the venerable old rFactor just for the f1 1971 mod (I was in Monza in 1971 and saw the race) ... now I discovered this one :).
Please may anyone tell me how/where to find the '70 tracks links ? any help would be very appreciated

[MOD EDIT: please do not link to external websites, we have ressources in here. You agreed when you signed up your account here]

Use Reiza Austria and Kyalami and you'll have the full set, except for Montjuich, which you can find for Game Stock Car Extreme and drop in ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Wilks updated HSO F1 1971 Historic Edition with a new update entry:

HSO F1 1971 Historic Edition 1.5

First i apologize for this update being so close to the last one, but new information plus a bit of extra motivation made me go into a lot of testing, and therefore, this new 1.5 version is born.

Changes:

- Reworked tires, now much more progressive, a lot of work went into these, breaking grounds in the ISI engine of how a bias ply tire can behave.

- Tweaked reliability in all engines, to make engine failures a bit more common

- Tweaked physics in all cars to match the new tires

- New...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What does the ISO in the name on your mods relate to? HSO I'm guessing stands for Historic Simracing Organisation, I'm confused why is called ISO in title and then HSO in update notes titles?

Sorry for being pedantic , It's a great mod. My reason is related in how I name my mods in my mod manger for clarity.

Last edited:
Richard Wilks updated ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition with a new update entry:

ISO F1 1971 V 2.0

The new tire model worked for the VLM mod makes it's way to these amazing cars to give you the best old school 70s F1 experience yet in simracing!

This means improved balance, much better braking and wheelspin simulation, and proper sideways action for this era.

So this update includes:

- Totally new tire model

- Physics tweaks on all cars based on newly found real data

- Tweaked FFB

- Totally reworked turbine car physics

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks