Sounds How to update a modded bank-file to (fully) work with the current AC version?

As a big fan of the AE86 I have downloaded all the possible modded sound banks for the car during the last 4 years. I really like one engine sound in particular, but unfortunately the bank has problems with skid sounds. Engine sound works fine, as well as collision, but skid sounds are completely missing.

How could I update/edit the bank so that it would work fully in AC? I can unpack the bank file to wavs, but I guess the most tricky part is the GUIDs file?

I'm not an expert with the sound modding, but if there's some procedure for "updating" the bank file, I could at least try :)

As a big fan of the AE86 I have downloaded all the possible modded sound banks for the car during the last 4 years. I really like one engine sound in particular, but unfortunately the bank has problems with skid sounds. Engine sound works fine, as well as collision, but skid sounds are completely missing.

How could I update/edit the bank so that it would work fully in AC? I can unpack the bank file to wavs, but I guess the most tricky part is the GUIDs file?

I'm not an expert with the sound modding, but if there's some procedure for "updating" the bank file, I could at least try :)
i'm no expert either
i think there isn't a possible edit of a sound bank. It's a compiled/protected file.

Now with the GUIDs.txt how it looks :

bus:/grp_wind_open
event:/cars/bo_singer/skid_ext
event:/cars/bo_singer/skid_int
event:/cars/bo_singer/wheel
event:/cars/bo_singer/wind
vca:/vca_engine_ext
vca:/vca_engine_int
vca:/vca_skid

could you change the event to a different car for a specific event ?
like /cars/ks_lamborghini_miura_sv/skid_int

Yeah, already changed the "paths", but the skidding is lost for some reason. Collision works, engine works etc. I somehow fail to understand why some of the bank sounds don't work then :O The engine sound is superior to anything else if you ask me, so that's why I'm interested in this :)

Last edited:
Was going to say yeah, you can unpack the .wav files but not the project... but it looks like you've gotten that far. From there you'd need to get FMOD and re-compile a new soundbank of your own using the extracted wavs. Don't ask me for more details, that's literally all I know. :laugh:

Seems like it would be good practice if you want to learn a bit of sound modding. I feel like making the .wav files in the first place (finding sources, cutting and fixing loops) is the hard part by a wide margin.

I have a unpacker/packer works with AC/ACC/Pcars1/2

send me the files with the new replacements and I’ll switch them over.

Thank you CC, I tried to send you a PM, but wasn't allowed to :/ So, I'll post it here:

The modded sound bank I'd like to use, is linked below, but the skidding sound is completely missing. Basically it would be ideal to just have the standard ks_toyota_ae86_tuned.bank to have it's (internal) engine sound replaced with the corresponding engine sound from the modded sound bank below:

However, I really don't understand why the original banks, e.g. ks_toyota_ae86_tuned.bank don't need the GUIDs file at all?But that's just something I've realized while trying to make this sound mod to work.

Thanks for dedicating you valuable time for my problem.

Damn sorry never saw the message I’ll take a look now seems quite buggy on my mobile still the notifications.

Thank you CC, I tried to send you a PM, but wasn't allowed to :/ So, I'll post it here:

The modded sound bank I'd like to use, is linked below, but the skidding sound is completely missing. Basically it would be ideal to just have the standard ks_toyota_ae86_tuned.bank to have it's (internal) engine sound replaced with the corresponding engine sound from the modded sound bank below:

However, I really don't understand why the original banks, e.g. ks_toyota_ae86_tuned.bank don't need the GUIDs file at all?But that's just something I've realized while trying to make this sound mod to work.

Thanks for dedicating you valuable time for my problem.
Yes sadly the bank you sent is really old,
like the KS bank from the same car for on throttle as like idk 3-4 times more samples than the bank file you sent if there was the same amount I could simply rename and replace the files really easily its fine editing them but its important to match the quantity of samples,
the skimarks dont seem to be working as its a really old prior FMOD bank so again not possible to fix,
its just too old sadly and not even detailed samples,
but listening to the kunos one ingame to me tbh sounds much better than the file you sent in which does not even have exterior sounds at all its that old.

like the KS bank from the same car for on throttle as like idk 3-4 times more samples than the bank file you sent if there was the same amount I could simply rename and replace the files really easily its fine editing them but its important to match the quantity of samples,
the skimarks dont seem to be working as its a really old prior FMOD bank so again not possible to fix,
but listening to the kunos one ingame to me tbh sounds much better than the file you sent in which does not even have exterior sounds at all its that old.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup: It is a really old bank indeed. I learned a few things along the way :)

Hi I would like to change some sounds effect of my car too. I know how to unpack a bank file, but I did’t found any way how to pack a waw files back to bank files. What is the name of program for that and how I can do it in that program?

Hi I would like to change some sounds effect of my car too. I know how to unpack a bank file, but I did’t found any way how to pack a waw files back to bank files. What is the name of program for that and how I can do it in that program?
how you unpack the bank file i try with fsbextractor but its not compatible it says.. cheers

May I ask how you unpack a bank file; more specifically I have FMOD and am looking to replace sounds exactly as you describe. Cannot find any help online. .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back