How to setup for more oversteer

Hi guys,
Total noob to sim racing but enjoying with LA Canyons Assetto Corsa and Logitech G29.
My Nissan Skyline New model and Chevrolet Corvetter are both understeering.
Even after doing wheel check and lut.
It's a lot better but there's considerable understeer.
Can you guys give me some general pointers on how to setup a car for more oversteer?
Thanks guys,
Also where do I do the setup?
I have been using content manager for all my cruising.

On the menu when in the car the second icon down is for setup.

For universal oversteer something simple like increasing tire pressures on the rears will give you some oversteer by decreasing the rear grip. Another universal balance change is softening the front suspension (or tightening the rear). You could also try the front anti-roll bar softer (or the rear stiffer). All of this are universal balance adjustments that apply everywhere mechanical grip applies.

Keep in mind however that perhaps the issue is at high speed and the rake of the car will need adjustment and increasing the rear ride height will move the balance of aero to the rear.

You don't just get oversteer/understeer, its usually in a particular circumstance, on initial turn-in or mid-corner or exit and some of it can be dealt with using the right technique to induce oversteer and to an extent, the cars are designed with a trail to oversteer and correct brake release to maintain that oversteer to the mid corner. I recommend Chris Hayes videos on setup and his setup cheat sheet it will give you an idea of what to change to achieve what end.

You will get X amount of area the tire patch cover depending how much the tire is compressed that lead to better mechanical grip based on the suspension geometry.

In a nutshell it's the difference in tire patch area you get between the front vs the back that leads to more oversteer or understeer.

You also have to remember that not all cars have equal tire width for the front & the back.

I recommend none of simracers content, It has all sort of chart, changes with unexplained details of how it work & often completely off, because it doesn't consider the specific use of those change. Thus, it's misleading, don't learn anything & damaging in long term.

Learn from the basic of building race car from scratch. A simple vision of how a car arms engineered to play with the road is not that difficult & should be embraced in my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 11 31.4%