How to setup a server?

Hi!

I want to setup a NKPro server so maybe i can do some online races when there is no RD races

I have a fiber net connection with 3.40 Mps Upload speed ... think its good unuff

I opened 9500 UDP port in my router ... do i also need to open 9500 TCP ?
Installed nKServer and started the server in 9500 port
Windows firewall automaticly created 4 permissions for nKServer that alllows UDP/TCP in all ports.

The server is listed in game interface and i can join
But the server does not appear here http://radiators-champ.com/nkpservers/
So i think there might be a problem and others cant see the server online

Am i missing anything?

Im not sure but i opened in router both udp/tcp...and when i had firewall open(smart security 4) i had to close it everytime...i upgraded it to 5 and now i dont close the firewall,even if i had set manual the settings about the game and ports..anyway...
close firewall and open tcp to be sure and check again :)

np :)
strange...did u tick the "register server to nkpro"?(in the nk server tool)
cant think something else

yep ...

in Main Config Menu i config:
server name
port=9500
bandwidth=2700
max clients= 15
admn pass
register servver on
use full mode off (i tryed on also)
use custom grid off

in sessions menu i just have a normal setup for practice, quali, race

all the other menus didnt change anything (do i need to?)

cant find any good tutorial for this in other sites:confused:

What's the IP of the server? Can others connect to it?

when i type ipconfig in dos window its says ipv4: 192.168.1.64
but in my router page it says ip adress: 85.240.149.117

dont think others can connnect cause nobody did it and its not in this list http://radiators-champ.com/nkpservers/
if you have the time please try to see if there is any servver in your NKPro game interface called "500 Abarth Server" and if you can connect

some months ago i was runnning a server in Live for Speed and everything worked ok ... a little hard to config but no problems with router blocking ... just opened the ports like i did now (at least as i can remember)

Not in the list, and can't connect to it with jump2nkp. I'm guessing it's either a firewall or port issue. You have both 9500 TCP and UDP open?

EDIT: nevermind, just checked the manual. Only UDP is required.

Nothing you didn't already know in there. Open up UDP port, allow it through firewall, and that should be it.

Well ... its working:)
Thanks for cheking Senad;)

Dont know what the problem was ... i just restarted the rooter, instaled nk pro rank utility and deleted the .ini file in MyDocuments/netkar Pro/ server/config folder ... then in nkServerTool i clicked on "Start Rank Server" and its working:)

Still doesnt show up in this list http://radiators-champ.com/nkpservers/ (maybe i need to run the server for longer time?)
But it shows in this one http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/servers.php

what's the server name ?
tonight I can try to join it and see if it works :)

Thanks Alessandro ... the server works fine but not many racers ... only 1 joinned in 3 days so i just shut it down.
Its good to know i can host nkp races now ... but to get people racing there i will need to do a lot of "marketing" and im just not the kind of person to do that.

Anyway ... i will be waitting for some 500 Abarth events in the few running servers ... its a shame that the best sim in the market looks so empty

hey Jorge, im up for a bit of fun ...ive been meaning to get into this for some time now..
Gtl is going good:) so it s time to broaden my horizons..:O_o:

Nice Rupe;) If you or anyone else is up to some Vintage GT fun in Blackwood, Spa 2001, Suzuka, A1 Ring, Laguna Seca, or Aviano Full i can set it up .... there are servers running all the time for other cars ... but none for Vintage wich is the most fun for me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.