How to setup a server?

Hi!

I want to setup a NKPro server so maybe i can do some online races when there is no RD races

I have a fiber net connection with 3.40 Mps Upload speed ... think its good unuff

I opened 9500 UDP port in my router ... do i also need to open 9500 TCP ?
Installed nKServer and started the server in 9500 port
Windows firewall automaticly created 4 permissions for nKServer that alllows UDP/TCP in all ports.

The server is listed in game interface and i can join
But the server does not appear here http://radiators-champ.com/nkpservers/
So i think there might be a problem and others cant see the server online

Am i missing anything?

I'm free on Wednesday night... and with the retro race 07 on Monday now sharing with other events... Mondays is also good for me every other week....maybe we can start a little Retro club across a few different sims....:)

so ive got
Race07 Retro and retro mods
GTL...
NetkarPro
GTR2
Never really raced Rfactor... but its only a click away if they also have good retro......
have i missed any....

The only club i would like to see in RD is one for the nKP Vintage & Replica cars @ mondays, thursdays, or fridays ... but that is up to the RD staff to arrange one if they feel its a good thing:rolleyes:

At wednesdays there are already the netKar Pro events in RD so maybe you could join us on that:)

I can setup a server just for some fun laps ... nothing serious ... and i really dont know how many cars my net connection will take:thumbsdown:

what cars/tracks do you like to drive in nKP?

I can setup a server just for some fun laps ... nothing serious ... and i really dont know how many cars my net connection will take:thumbsdown:

From netkar pro manual:
Server upstream requirements

Number of cars----------Required KByte/s upstream------------Required Kbit/s upstream
------1--------------------------------------1,25-----------------------------------------------10
------ 6 ------------------------------------37,5 ---------------------------------------------300
------ 8 ------------------------------------70 ----------------------------------------------- 560
------ 10 ---------------------------------112,5 ---------------------------------------------900
------ 15 -------------------------------- 262,5 -------------------------------------------2100

hi, Ive a good connection and my server works or did work ....
at present i'm jumping from 07 to gtl for my race fixes ( retro addict)
NetKarPro is next on my list...and Wednesdays is a free race night day for me and will look out for a event that takes my fancy...
Ive tinkered with all cars in the Sim .. but the retro style is my fave.....
ill need to get to grips with the Sim .. maybe a sign up if all goes well...
Something will work its self out...

From netkar pro manual:

In theory i could take a full grid with 3400 upload speed but from my experience in other games it doesnt work so easy

In race 07 it was also suposed to take a full grid but it sarted lagging with more then 12 cars ... but in LFS i had a maximum of 16 cars and never lagged ... maybe the problem is also in my ping .... dont really know

hi, Ive a good connection and my server works or did work ....
at present i'm jumping from 07 to gtl for my race fixes ( retro addict)
NetKarPro is next on my list...and Wednesdays is a free race night day for me and will look out for a event that takes my fancy...
Ive tinkered with all cars in the Sim .. but the retro style is my fave.....
ill need to get to grips with the Sim .. maybe a sign up if all goes well...
Something will work its self out...

You remind me myself a few months ago ... i could only race the retro cars in Race 07:thumbsup:
But once i tryed nKPro i just moved ... i was addicted to the 500 Abarth and now i cant stop driving the Vintage in nKP ... mostly offline cruising or doing some hotlaps:)

if you have a good steering wheel i think you will understand me once you try it your self

I thought you already had nKP but that explains why i never saw you in the Racing Club ... go for it man! you will not be sorry

i owned it for about a year .. just never put in enough time to enjoy it
..i like to cruize around in the retro..and the Arbath is so much better than say race07 mini
i just got to set in my ways .. race 1 sim and get better and understand .. then i realised it was more about the group than the car...:D and recently ive been having a blast....

Hey all
Every time I set up a server It shows in the netkar list but when I click on it to join It changes to something else and my server name disappears? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
MM
The list might simply be refreshing, and your server got moved around. It should still be there somewhere.

You can always install jump2nkp, and join your server that way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%