How to set triple screens properly

Niels_at_home

Reiza Studios
Here is what to do to get 3 screens drawing a proper image!

Quick And Easy 95%:
- Bezel correction has to be done in your Nvidia / AMD control panel software
- If you have the side monitors angled towards you, select 'multiview' in the AMS Config tool
- If you have 3 screens as one 'flat super wide' screen, don't tick 'multiview'

In game vertical FOV depends. If you have 3x 16:9 screens, 48:9, using 30 degrees FOV gives you (48/9)*30 = 160 deg horizontal FOV. Only you know what FOV you get in your sim! :)

The other 5%:
Set camera orientation to be level
Open the .CAM file (gamedata / vehicles / car) and make sure the cockpit cam says:

OrientationOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

You may need to use the 'adjust seat' controls in game to fine tune the position.

Not really related but still things I adjust:
PLR file (userdata / yourname folder). Remove fake head shakes
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.0"
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.0"

CAM file cockpit cam (gamedata / vehicles / car). 'camera pitch and roll stabilization'
OrientationRate=(20.00000, 250.00000, 20.00000)

I set the head movement in game to zero or near zero.

Hope this helps!
Niels

Multiview creates adjecent views, not hard coded 45 degree angled, I don't know where that myth came from! :) (unless I'm somehow wrong which has happened before.. :))

So the more FOV you set, the more angled the side screens will be.

This, again if I'm right, exactly matches how you should setup your monitors in real life too. Angled in towards you so that your eyes stare perpendiculary in the middle of each screen!

I've found the following to work with my triples:
I've got 3 screens and found if select multiview and set resolution to 6065x1080 then everthing lines up as other sims set to 5760x1080 yet in Game Stock and this things don't line up at that resolution.

My outer monitors are angled at 40 and my fov via a calculator I set to either 21 or 22 so Am I doing it wrong using a 6065x1080?

I do use the Nvidia bezel correction yet still have to set the resolution at 6065x1080 to line things up. I am more than happy with it as looks great yet I'll investigate you settings when I get home tonight to see if notice a difference. Cheers.

Multiview creates adjecent views, not hard coded 45 degree angled, I don't know where that myth came from! :) (unless I'm somehow wrong which has happened before.. :))

This, again if I'm right, exactly matches how you should setup your monitors in real life too. Angled in towards you so that your eyes stare perpendiculary in the middle of each screen!

Makes sense, however if you cannot set up the screen angled like that (say not all games support multiview) it would still be nice to influence it manually, based on the setup one has.

Math to the rescue! (found on iRacing forums post by staff)

To calculate the optimum monitor angle (and still the correct formula use for rF1 and GSC)
This assure you are in fact using your monitor to their full potential keeping the 2 side monitor properly aligned with your eyes
Remember to put them as close as you physically can to cover as much FOV as possible while keeping it comfortable for your eyes.

2*atan(monitor width/(2*viewing distance)) = degree

just enter your monitor width and viewing distance, then copy paste in google search bar and hit enter, it should give you the result.

Exemple (in mm)
monitor width = 640mm
viewing distance = 550mm

2*atan(640/(2*550)) = degree
Result after copy paste full line above in google is 60.3832459 degree (my current set-up)

other exemple to get the 45 degrees side monitors
2*atan(640/(2*770)) = 45.1340182 degree

Optimal angle change depending on distance from your eyes
And i know not everyone can freely alter their set-up

And you can use this web site to calculate the proper FOV for your set-up after.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand what you guys are saying.....

My outer monitors are only angled maybe 10-15 degrees. Should I use "Multi-view" in AMS?

I re-set my bezel correction in my AMD CCC, but when I alt-tab back to the game, there is no bezel correction. I get the same image, no matter how much I change my AMD bezel correction.

@Azfalt Raser When you set your bezel correction in CCC you'll get a new resolution, something bigger then what you had before, in my case it's 5992x1080.
You must exit AMS, open the launch configuration tool and select your new resolution.

I must have some serious pc gremlins then.

I tried to correct for bezels and nothing happened.
So I returned my bezel correction back to NO bezel correction.
Restarted game and the game automatically corrected for bezels, without using config tool.
alt-tab to access video recorder, alt-tab back again and my HUD has moved from right monitor to center monitor, but tire data is now gone.
alt-tab, then alt-tab back again and right monitor is smaller resolution than other two monitors.
alt-tab to access music, alt-tab back again and my HUD has moved to right monitor and my tire info has re-appeared and have correct resolution.
After a couple of test laps, I lose all FFB mid-lap.
alt-tab, alt-tab back again, my FFB comes back.

I guess theres always Solitaire.

Hi All, Just adjusted my rez to the bezel corrected 6032x1080 and everything lines up perfectly.
Multi view on, FOV 32 3 x 27"mon's 700mm to center mon, about 60 deg. Has transformed the game. thank you everyone for the help. Fully enjoying the experience now :)

That's just the way it is. Look in your GPU control panel for shortcuts, there's one called "bezel peek" - at-least for Nvidia - that will allow you to quickly and easily toggle the bezel correction on/off while in-game in-case, for eg., you need to read something hiding behind your bezels.

And for a dipstick like myself this is all too complicated all for one sim sure id love to play this but dont have a clue on all this mumbo jumbo if a link on you tube were available this would be far more helpfull than reading this info getting confused and going stuff it il go play i racing or assetto corsa that is a easy to set up configuration maybe Devs may look at this in future or post up a video imo. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back