How to see you car livery or carskins in rfactor2

I thought I would post this up to help people see their carskins or liveries in game and maybe help them design or have a go at designing them.

First of I use Photoshop CS6 with a nvida .dds plugin to convert psd files to .dds
Not sure on those who use GIMP but for those who wants Photoshop I managed to get hold of a free one...google is your friend and also YouTube.

Anyway once you designed your car livery/custom skin and converted it to .dds you will need to go into the game and pick your car. Since I have the entry for the RD Indy Car Series I chose this one.

You then go to the tuning menu and on the bottom right hand side there is a option to create a directory, Click on it and that will create a directory with a .dds with what is called a alt.dds .

When putting the car livery in the file location it is always a good idea to reload it on that screen and select alt or in my case alt10. So long as the carskin has alt in front of all the .dds files you shouldn't have a problem seeing them in game if you named it like I have for example.

alt10.dds
altDRIVER.dds
altHELMET.dds
altEXTRA8.dds
altEXTRA9.dds

...and so on.

Once you done that you need to go to where your rfactor2 is installed for example
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_DallaraDW12_2014\DW12_77

Where you created a directory there should be one alt.dds already there. With your car carskin ready just delete the one there as mentioned and copy/paste your own renaming it to alt like so.

And that is it really go back to relaunch your game go to the tuning menu select reload as mentioned before in the second picture making sure it shows alt as variant and you should see your masterpiece.

I hope that helps any questions I am here to help

Daryl

Attachments

• GRAB_137.JPG
    GRAB_137.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 314
A little correction:

alt10
.dds
alt10DRIVER.dds
alt10HELMET.dds
alt10EXTRA8.dds
alt10EXTRA9.dds

If you want to use this skin+driver+extra's online: make a "alt10.mas".

Skin sharing will only transfer 1 file: alt10.dds or alt10.mas

To make the complete package transferable via custom skin sharing:

• Open the Mas2.exe Utility via the rFactor 2 launcher
schermafdruk-2015-04-30-21-30-05-jpg.91195

• Drag and Drop all your renamed .dds file(s) into the utility
schermafdruk-2015-04-30-21-37-18-jpg.91196

• Set the Compression to High so that the file upload (and then download by others) is smaller by: Using the Options --> Use File Compression --> Level 9 (Highest) - this will compress a single 5MB .dds to under 1MB in size for transfer!
  • Go File -->Save As and save this with the same name as your main .dds livery: like alt_XX.mas

el procedimiento se puede hacer al reves? quiero descomprimir o desempaquetar un archivo .rfcmp, no eh sido capaz, acaso no se puede? agradesco si alguien del tema solo quiero tener las skins dw dallara del 2014 en archivos dds, solo tengo 8 skin me falta el resto :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back