How to play RE3 with Oculus

Hi,

I cant RE3 get to work with my oculus rift. Everything else works fine and im about to trow this thing out of the window:mad:. I did the launch options ' -vr' on the steam page and launhed the game trough VR mode in steam but i have 3 crashes since. My laptop is capable for VR so im kinda lost( en frustated)

1. Before adding the -vr command, launch the game as normal (to your laptop display / monitor) and reduce the video resolution to the lowest you can make it, (you can increase later if it works), set aspect ratio to 16:9 and turn VSync off, if enabled. (Either borderless or windowed mode are fine)

2. Set video / graphics options to low. (You can customise / tweak later if needs be)

3. Bind a key / button to 'VR Monitor' (I think it's found in Secondary functions)

3. Exit game and add the -vr to Raceroom's Steam launch option

4. Launch the game normally in Steam or from a desktop shortcut. Don't launch SteamVR as it should launch automatically, followed by R3E, which should hopefully be displayed on the Rift once loaded. (Screen on your laptop display / monitor will be black at this stage)

5. Once you've pressed a key to get in to the menus, press the button / key you assigned to the 'VR monitor' and the display should fire up on laptop / monitor as well.

Thanks @Steve D i managed to get the rift working for R3E but still have some issues:unsure: I cant change the resolution back(options are greyed out) and when on track/car its shaking so much i wont last 3 min:sick: and for some reason my wheel is ingame but not working..do you know any fix around this things? Sorry for the spam of issues:confused:

okay so little update, i launched the game with the 32bit and it seems to work, rift, wheel, and i can tweak the video graphics. Only thing is still i can't change the video resoltion, that option section is not accesable

Only thing is still i can't change the video resoltion, that option section is not accesable

I believe this is intentional.

Due to the way VR support works in RaceRoom, you dont change the resolution in game, but through the launch command from within steam itself.

The launch command of "-vr" without any numbers around it has a render target of 1.5. You can change this by putting a different number behind the command such as "-vr 2.0" without quotes. You can use any range between 0.5 and 4.0 in increments of 0.1. This should effectively change the resolution that you see in your headset. Just be mindful that anything above 2.0 is extremely resource intensive, and even if you have a super computer, your frame rate may be awful.

Disclaimer: I dont have a VR headset, so this is just my understanding of the settings based on what I have read.

More info can be read in the official VR support thread here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/openvr-support.7109/

Yes i read it trough and got it working now. Resolution i have to play around with for a while and i can confirm that motion sickniss is a real thing. Im starting to think i wanted to much to fast as this takes some getting used to, any way its working and thanks to all for the help!:thumbsup::) i go and get a bucket now:sick:

Yes i read it trough and got it working now. Resolution i have to play around with for a while and i can confirm that motion sickniss is a real thing. Im starting to think i wanted to much to fast as this takes some getting used to, any way its working and thanks to all for the help!:thumbsup::) i go and get a bucket now:sick:
Just limit your self to maybe half an hour to hour at a time the sicky feeling will soon pass in maybe about a week then you’ll be fine. Stay away from Dirt Rally till you get used to it:roflmao::roflmao:;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back