Tracks How to pack textures into KN5 file?

I'm about to release my conversion of the Dessauer Rennstrecke track and I have changed a lot of the textures, right now the textures are loose in the "texture" folder but I'd prefer to release the track without a big texture folder that people will have to download, so how, using only 3DSimed, do I get these textures into the KN5 file so that I can delete the 'texture' folder? Thanks.

Yes, sometimes it doesn't load BlendMode value properly. Easy to fix, just change BlendMode value of the material from eOpaque to eAlphaTest. Then save persistence file and hope it loads properly next time!

IMO it is a waste of time if you are only going to use 3dsimed to convert these tracks. They will never drive right in AC. But if you like driving on pool tables and staircases I guess that is your choice.

In any case 3dsimed to kseditor will mess with the persistence file as it doesn't ever save it correctly for the editor. Don't blame the editor for 3dsimed issues.

To pack the textures into a kn5 using 3dsimed. simply put the new textures in a folder with the same name as the old textures
1, click on the tools button
2, then texture replace from folder button and on the dropdown, replace missing and loaded textures, then go to file, plugin export, save as kn5 ;)

Last edited:
To pack the textures into a kn5 using 3dsimed. simply put the new textures in a folder with the same name as the old textures
1, click on the tools button
2, then texture replace from folder button and on the dropdown, replace missing and loaded textures, then go to file, plugin export, save as kn5 ;)

Perfect, thank you.

Well as I see it you wanna release conversion after conversion, Why not concentrate on doing it good with one track first before going to another. We have no need for half baked conversion in AC. Saying time is the problem is not a valid argument, Then don't mod at all. Everybody does it in his spair time.

It's not a question of listening, it's this thing I have in real life called a job, takes up quite a bit of time you know.

If you don't have the time to do it 100 conversions right maybe its the better way to do it right with a less amount of tracks :)

Last time I checked I have a full time job as well as side work, a wife, house, and kid on the way. Somehow I find a way to do things properly.

And thats what you do :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back