Skins How to have different skins divided by year??

For my Citroen AX Gti Cup there's 5 different years and about 80 skins.
I don't want to have 5 different car folders with 5 .kn5 which are basically the same but with different skins.
So, how can I do this and prevent from having a +1Gb mod for just 1 car model?

One approach would be to released the mod with a grid for a certain year with enough skins to fill a grid, preferentially the one the it's closer to the car the 3D model has been based off, and then release the skins for the remainder years as a separate download for those not needing so many skins.

Also, CM allows you to create preset grids with car+skin selections via .cmpreset files (p.e., one grid per year). But these would have to be dropped on its appdata folder (AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids), and sometimes end-users struggle to do the simplest things. Might need some direct editing on the resulting file so not to enforce some undesired extra settings, though.

Thanks.
Yeah we're trying to avoid complications for the end user
We have 5 years of competition with the same car and for historical accuracy and recreation we're going to make pretty much all the skins (some are just impossible).
We thought about that, releasing one year with and addition pack with everything, like you said. Also probably going to make those add-ons as Upgrades to the car so at least it's still under the same car tree.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 104 71.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 30 20.5%