How to get new members

What, this was not created yet!!
PrestoGP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/103930679747293/ join, NOW!

EDIT: I took the liberty of adding the basic info. I'll include all members as admins, i'm the owner, i hope that is allright? You can also add all members who use FB as friends, let's reserve and use all channel we can ;)

Now we have Youtube channel, IRC channel, FB page, public server.. What else?

Twitter :D
Just kidding, its not really necessary, unless someone would like to do it of course.

My Getting Ready to Race thread is ready to become a sticky thread, I might have forgotten to add something or things may be wrong so everyone should check it.
And as always please dont post in this thread.

by the way any news about the changes of the server Nico?

I might just have one of these emotional moments because I havent slept in a while :sleep: but I feel like we can really archieve something if we keep on going this way and stay patient

Presto GP on FB has been up and runnig for years???

http://www.facebook.com/groups/23354798611/

Edit: Seems FB have migrited it or summut, only myself and Dan King are still members, they've basically buggered it up,, I'll delete it

Edit 2: Can't delete it?

Didn't find it because there is a space between 'Presto' and 'GP'.. I don't know if it's possibly to merge groups.. Well, just post a new post pointing to the new group, just incase someone searches it with that space between... EDIT: Invite all from "Presto GP" to the new one :roflmao:

I will also see if I have some time later this day to write the introduction thread and link Reiks great setup thread

Even though I'm a little bit late I want to thank you very much for the "getting started thread"! It's very clean, short and easy to recognize for new interessted guys - this is very usefull! :)

EDIT: I took the liberty of adding the basic info. I'll include all members as admins, i'm the owner, i hope that is allright?

Abot the facebook site, I am not a big social network person, but I do not mind if we have a facebook page. About you being the owner Kennett, I do not knowif it is a problem, but the name Presto and the logo is in fact the name of the it-company I work at/own, and I do not like to lose control of anything that carry the name Presto. This might be a bit unclear answer to your question, but that is because I not understad completely how facebook-stuff works. Can anybody open these groups or pages in the name of different companies and organisations?

Abot the facebook site, I am not a big social network person, but I do not mind if we have a facebook page. About you being the owner Kennett, I do not knowif it is a problem, but the name Presto and the logo is in fact the name of the it-company I work at/own, and I do not like to lose control of anything that carry the name Presto. This might be a bit unclear answer to your question, but that is because I not understad completely how facebook-stuff works. Can anybody open these groups or pages in the name of different companies and organisations?

Short answer: yes. If you own the company you can always ask Facebook to delete the group, just try making a group named Activision and see how long it takes.. Mu guess is about 6 hours, for smaller orgs/companies it would take about 2 days.. As for the group "owner" it ain't a big deal. I've shared admin rights with all in the league and since everyone has now the same rights as i do, it's a non-issue.. We can't delete groups, just rename them, only Facebook can delete ANYTHING from facebook.. Every post you make, is property of Facebook, forever. Every move you make, every breath you take etc :D

And nope, didn't know about the origins of Presto ;)

EDIT: Created an event to the group just to for a test, someone from different time-zone could confirm that it shows the right time. Also if anyone has nice pics they should add them to the group.

Just to keep you all up to date with the progress, I have now written Bram regarding advertising the next season and am awaiting respons from him :)

I'll let you all know when I hear something :)

Anyone up for a video montage from the season 8? It would improve visibility in RD, YT and FB. With a little ad in the end for season 9 and the possibility of 2 divisions..

I was thinking of this as well, ideally 2 videos, one that shows the best moments from season 8 with the add and the rest that Kennett mentiones, and one that explains how we race at Presto GP (how to behave when being overtaken/overtaking, how to do the start of the race safe etc, kind of like racing school).

I might be able to make one of these video's myself.

Yes a video would be great so that if someone asks "what is Presto GP" we can impress that person with a cool video :)
I would help but

Little sidenote, I have watched the 2 servers for a while and have not really seen anyone use them so I would suggest to try it with only one server to maybe have more players on the one servers and try it with a P1 session of about 20 minutes, a Q session of 20 minutes and a race about 10 laps because these length options seem to be popular on other servers.

Poster boy ;)

HAHAHAHAH Poster boy
smile because in mine imagination I see us always like race at Spa in 1970, dirty of oil sweaty with beers or wine more girls around but never thought :....... HEI guys we have DiCarpio with us :roflmao:

Little sidenote, I have watched the 2 servers for a while and have not really seen anyone use them so I would suggest to try it with only one server to maybe have more players on the one servers and try it with a P1 session of about 20 minutes, a Q session of 20 minutes and a race about 10 laps because these length options seem to be popular on other servers.

good idea 1server more people:thumbsup:

I would like to point out one thing we go to summer season (Europe:)) more light along the day the end of school with exams carry around girl erm.... Im a (ex) motorcycle man and in bike is nice go only alone with car just 2 person but sorry I have a one seat car:roflmao:,
so not lost ours puissance if in this time not many people on server is phase.Hold on guys been doing a great job :thumbsup: .

talking around rules for new comers and Div2 I know really close here the rules and dont know if is correct free wiew not easy drive but when you go in Div1 what happen? ok for 50% damage not less I have only a doubt about race length part of race is also how long stay on track without damages 20 min. is bit and low chance for learn strategy pit, example: 30min are 20laps in 1:30 time lap but guys these are only subtleties;) but there is one thing that I agree more quality and not quantity someone say here:)

One point that Vale reminds me of is that the biggest reason for my desire for a second division is to create better races also for our slightly less fast drivers. As long as we only have one division they get their races greatly influenced by all the lapping. I would much rather see Bob and Vale fighting for podium than pulling aside and ruining their race to let me past. (I hope I do not insult you Bob and Vale, I am not saying you have to be in div 2, I am only guessing you would want it :) )

It is not like every new member belongs in a second division, far from it acctually. I would guess around 50% of the people joining us are already very skilled and belongs in division 1.

We are around 20 drivers (hopefully) atm, imagine that we get 10 new once. Chances are that half of them are faster than many of our current members. Forming 2 divisions out of the 30 should be done with a subjective analysis of all the drivers and in discussion with everybody find out who should be in witch division (but ultimatly it is persived race pace that should be the decisive factor.)

The length and other details of a possible division 2 is impossible to lock in place now. It depends greatly of the number of drivers there will be, and I forsee that our excisting members who will race in div 2 will have a big say in the matter.

It would also be a great strenght to mix new drivers with the excisting once in order to assimilate them faster :)

One point that Vale reminds me of is that the biggest reason for my desire for a second division is to create better races also for our slightly less fast drivers. As long as we only have one division they get their races greatly influenced by all the lapping. I would much rather see Bob and Vale fighting for podium than pulling aside and ruining their race to let me past. (I hope I do not insult you Bob and Vale, I am not saying you have to be in div 2, I am only guessing you would want it :) )

The length and other details of a possible division 2 is impossible to lock in place now. It depends greatly of the number of drivers there will be, and I forsee that our excisting members who will race in div 2 will have a big say in the matter.

It would also be a great strenght to mix new drivers with the excisting once in order to assimilate them faster :)

you have centered the problem Nico I love do battles like all so my time for practice and my skill my peace of mind are what are and sometime I think if is better stay out but after think no better stay on track Im a vagant barrieres in true handicap for strong drivers:) sure my place is Div2 but if I think that every season I improve mine pb without result ( Im always at back of grid ) a thought cross my brain ( at mine speed slow so I can understand well:roflmao:) but all strong guys come here?:mad::D

yes think like you is too hard take some decision for Div2 rules a bit soon I know I know we are speed guys but this time think too speed there is no the people:)

Yes I think so too, a division 2 would be a great thing in any way :)
Of course we dont have to lock details like length and damage for Div2 yet but it is very important to "advertise" with shorter race distance and less car damage in Div2 so that drivers actually find out that they are welcome even if they dont have the greatest driving skills.

About the presentation video, I had some time some month ago and I had nothing better to do, so I made a little cinema-style clip out of the first league races (Please notice that Ive never done anything like this before)
I planned to do a vid like this about 4 minutes with a second part which should be a bit faster with more action in it.
So if there is a request for a clip like that, I can continue it, add an intro with the presto gp logo, maybe some text about season 9 in the end and we could use that as a presentation video.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back