How to get better FPS with CSP?

Im currently running CSP 1.76 and the latest version of SOL. I get 60 fps with 1 car at 2560x1440 but I want to optimize my CSP settings so I can run large grids at a stable framerate. I have tried lowering my resolution, but it has no impact on fps and Im not sure what settings I should change. Currently using an I7-4790k with a GTX 970 4GB and 16GB of RAM.

Well for reference my kid's PC has an i5 4440/970/8gb. With his 1920x1080 monitor he can get stable 144. With my 27" 1440 he can get a stable 100fps both with ExtraFX off. I think the thing that helps the most is turning off all the unnecessary windows services and programs. You need to learn how to take ownership of all files on your PC and disable services that are not readily available for disabling.

Im using online LAC as a benchmark with 10+ people.

If lowering resolution doesn't give more fps, your processor is the limit.
Not the overall cpu load, but the single core speed.
Assetto corsa can't make use of many cpu cores. The bottleneck is the speed of the few cores it can use.
Don't be fooled though:
Taskmanager etc might show ac causing some load on all your cpu cores. But at 4 GHz, the cores do 4.000.000.000 cycles per second.
If Taskmanager has a refresh cycle of 1.0s, you're seeing that cpu cycles amount averaged!
In reality, all cores that show some cpu load where at full load for a few cpu cycles and then the next core took over.
It's more efficient to shuffle the load around.

Search for ac cpu optimization, bottleneck, performance, csp settings.
In general: everything that's only visual = graphics card load.
Everything that is actually physically calculated = cpu load.

Sadly there aren't many things to reduce cpu load:
- shadows (not really the resolution, the amount is the issue.)

- reflections (again not the resolution but the update rate. So put them to static will help)

- World details
- AI cars
- view distance of mirrors and reflections
- weather fx
- night lights
- HUD apps
- rain
- reflections fx

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period