How to disable the checkpoints?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Love this game so far the but the silly checkpoints and their *ploink* sound start to annoy me already. Have I missed a setting in the menu or how do I turn this off completely?

@PulleyStill I find it very annoying and a bit childish even to have a nice hotlap mode ruined by a PLOINK twice a lap.

No Bram you're confused and describing the noise inaccurately.

Ploink ..... Ploink ...... Ploink is the sound a Clog makes when worn by a mouse coming down the stairs of a Windmill in old Amsterdam. :p

..... or have I invested too much belief in racial stereotyping here? :whistling:

.... whoops my mistake! .... It's 'clip-clippety-clop' .... please forgive me ;)

E:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\sfx\time_attack_score
i think thats the sound you looking for.
but if you move the file out the folder time attack won't start..
maybe by replacing it with a blank sound clip and labeling it the same will work.. :)

I'd never heard the sound until today. It's loud isn't it? :)

So I have done a little mini-mod for you here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/time-attack-checkpoint-sound-removal.77371/

Now I haven't heard the 'Time Attack Lost' sound in game yet, but it could be annoying too, so I have removed it in the same mod. Use one or both sound files if you wish.

Both sound files are in exactly the same sound format, frequency, and bitrate as the originals, except they are silent.

Oh ..... and it works, I tested it

Cheers :D

[medio]5004[/medio]

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back