F1 2010 How to define Fast / Slow corner?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok, this question has been over my head for quite a while. Its more related to setup. You know there's some setup setting that will say it will affect fast corner & etc...

so my question is. How is fast corner defined? Above 150km/h during corner?

All the while, i've been using my guts to tell me on how each setting is affecting the cars. But you know, sometimes our guts can be wrong too.

So in terms of technical aspect. When a setting is affecting fast corner, what kind of cornering speed should i be looking at?

Everybody will interpret a 'fast' corner differently but my idea of a fast corner is like what Jack ^ has just stated. Such corners as 130R at Sukuka/ Eau Rouge at Spa/ Turn 8 in Turkey/ Abbey at Silverstone ect....

So what im trying to say is... what i interpret as being a fast corner is a turn that is either taken flat or with a slight lift.

You can't judge entirely on speed since some 'fast' corners come almost directly after a slow one, so you're effectively accelerating through the whole corner. Anything that requires you to brake to 2nd is certainly a slow corner, and some 3rd gear corners can be realistically called slow as well. The real defining factor is whether the majority of your grip is mechanical (springs, dampers, roll bars, camber etc.) or aero-based as in faster turns.

Agree with Aarquiel. From a setup perspective its a case of aero or mechanical grip influence.
In my mind I would consider in broad terms corners taken in gears
1,2 as slow corners (mech grip)
3,4 as medium corners (transition from mech to aero influence)
5,6,7 as fast corners (aero influence).

Thanks for the info guys. Now i have a better understanding. No wonder i find it strange that some setting that i changes is to stubborn to react according to what i wanted even though i know the setting is what its suppose to do but refuses to show on that particular corner.

I admire the knowledge that you guys posses. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back