How to Converting cars from Shift 2 or NFS high stakes???

Hi everything is fine :) but, my wheels are not aligned to the wheel arch which is a problem how i do this?, i will first need to resize the wheels though

rollsroycej.jpg

put them in to modeler.exe and center to orign...you can scale them there too...and export...
for the right pos you need to edit the susp pos in x,y and z direction...
x=in and out(+/-), track front and rear... y=up and down, z=wheelbase relative to nullpoint(?), to get a view, look in to a car.ini from a working car...and you see...
Example from lambo:
susp_front
{
y=0.000
z=1.599
restlen=0.219
minlen=0.020
maxlen=0.180
warplen=0.118
k=31500
damper_curve=damper_front.crv
bumpstop_len=0.070
bumpstop_k=125000
bumpstop_damping=5000
reboundstop_len=0.010
reboundstop_k=100000
reboundstop_damping=5000
anti_pitch=0.15
roll_center
{
x=0
; ~0.040m
y=-0.388
z=0
}
}
susp0~susp_front
{
x=0.8175
camber_change_per_m=0.075
camber_change_steering=0.092
; -5.780°
caster_angle=0.101
caster_offset=-0.035
; -5.000°?
kingpin_angle=-0.087
kingpin_offset=0.010
toe_change_per_m=0.000
model
{
file=
}
}
susp1~susp_front
{
x=-0.8175
camber_change_per_m=0.075
camber_change_steering=-0.092
; -5.780°
caster_angle=0.101
caster_offset=-0.035
; -5.000°
kingpin_angle=-0.087
kingpin_offset=-0.010
toe_change_per_m=0.000
model
{
file=
}
}
susp_rear
{
y=0.000
z=-1.066
restlen=0.204
minlen=0.010
maxlen=0.180
warplen=0.129
k=63000
damper_curve=damper_rear.crv
bumpstop_len=0.070
bumpstop_k=75000
bumpstop_damping=5000
reboundstop_len=0.010
reboundstop_k=100000
reboundstop_damping=5000
anti_pitch=0.15
roll_center
{
x=0
; ~0.080m
y=-0.374
z=0
}
}
susp2~susp_rear
{
x=0.8475
camber_change_per_m=0.150
camber_change_steering=0
caster_angle=0
caster_offset=0
kingpin_angle=0
kingpin_offset=0
toe_change_per_m=-0.25
model
{
file=
}
}
susp3~susp_rear
{
x=-0.8475
camber_change_per_m=0.150
camber_change_steering=0
caster_angle=0
caster_offset=0
kingpin_angle=0
kingpin_offset=0
toe_change_per_m=0.25
model
{
file=
}
}
...hope it helps...

If you look at the bottom right of ZModeler it tells you X Y Z coordinates of the mouse, unfortunately they're not the same coordinates Racer uses, but you can translate - I think +X becomes +z, +Y becomes -x, and +Z becomes +y, the main ones to worry about are z and x within Racer.

So just put the mouse where you want the middle of the wheel to be in ZModeler (from the top view) and copy those coordinates in, then adjust them a little if necessary. You can kinda get a feel for the coordinates by moving the mouse around a bit, forward/backward on the car is Racer's z, and sideways is x, so just look for which coordinate in ZModeler changes when you do that.

First thing first.

Make sure the length/width/height of the car, and the wheelbase measure up in Zmodeller accurately, vs the real life dimensions.

So many times cars are about 0.9x or 1.1x, or somewhere in that range, out of scale, often by different amounts in different dimensions.

Don't ask me why, but just check :D

Nothing worse than parking your converted car up next to a Mini and realising that the RR Phantom is looking smaller than it hehe :D

Dave

pic?
do you made the car.shd? all names right?
when you put it in to moddeler.exe look right down the make template shader button...

EDIT:
ok..i put it in game..only replaced for example one from the Baja...centered it and with vf_standard shader (from template shd...) only...

SHD:
;this is for the rim and the brakedisc...
shader_car00~vf_standard
{
layer0
{
map=car00.tga
}
}
;this is for the tread
shader_toyo2pro128~vf_standard
{
layer0
{
map=toyo2pro128.tga
}
}
;this is for the sidewall
shader_tyre~vf_standard
{
layer0
{
map=tyre.tga
}
}

I know :D (is it the WIP one on youtube)

Also there is a koenigsegg for GTA SA and i downloaded it for converting but when i imported the DFF into zmod the doors were open, if i added the textures and everything will the doors stay open when exported into Racer or will they be shut?

I don't he plans to release (do you?) but if you do, follow AMG's advice, and perhaps have a look at his many wonderful converts ;)

Also, try some Forza converts, it's a lot easier! (imo) If you need a link PM me your email. It has to be kept off the forum...

I know a lot about converting cars for games especially for Shift 1, as some of you might know, I'm of the converters of the amazing Ferrari DLC released only for XBOX & been studying Shift 1 game structure deeply since the beginning...there ain't no secrets to me & Shift modded can be a 100x better as you actually know...if you tweak shaders or particles system...:)

I generally use 3DsimEd & convert them to obj or dae & finally do more creation design on top of it in 3Ds Max / Maya or XSI...which isn't possible with Zmod, if you want to work as speed light velocity...

Let me know, if you have some particular questions....

You can do the same with Shift 2...

It's a shame that Shift 2 and Shift 1 cars look a bit dodgy when you actually get them into most programs. The meshes just seem a bit odd to me, I'm not a big fan of them.
Even in Shift 2 for example, the cars just don't look all that hot 'out of the box' in screenshots in S2. Once in Racer they look even worse without lots of re-working (to the point you are better just rebuilding and calling it your own)

I'd want to heavily re-work, or better yet, rebuild the mesh totally, using the mesh from S2 as a guide only... give it a proper UVW unwrap for AO and decals etc!

For me I'd use the Forza HD meshes as a guide as I know they are much better, then rebuild over them.

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back