How to convert GTR2 or rFactor cars to GTR Evolution?

• Fabrizio

Thanks Gunthar!
I'll try this stuff... If I'll need some help about the "resize" and "adjust the pivot point" I'll let you know.
Thanks again!!

Thanks Gunthar!
I'll try this stuff... If I'll need some help about the "resize" and "adjust the pivot point" I'll let you know.
Thanks again!!

resize via loading the whole car then edit it.... pivot point via loading up the single gmt and clicking export > Save as Race07 > and it will ask about the x,y,z pivots...

• Ariff Roose

wow! Gunthar really IS the king. wondering if anyone has mad the ALMS M3 mod for GTR EVO yet?
:plus1::plus1::plus1:=+3

• holdenluva001

is someone can convert it all for the gt evo version it would be a great idea

The best thing to do would be download the LP560-4 I helped with:

http://www.racedepartment.com/true2...lamborghini-gallardo-lp560-4-superlegera.html

Look at the setup of the files and folder structures and mimic this.

You need to extract the GTR2 .GTR files and then convert them to Race07 format and then sort them as per how the 560 is.

Then go through each file (.inccar, .eng, .sp, etc) and edit them individually to suit your new 670-4.

This should get the car at least to the car selection spinner (plus or minus a few errors)...

Then you need to start bug fixing to get the car on track.

Then to bug fix the little things one by one.

It took me 3 months of trying, to get my first 2 cars (2008 V8 Supercars) completely in game and "finished" ... maybe 500 hours ... But, this was some of the first cars added to Race 07 and much was needed to be discover exactly how to do each step...

You can now find many mods to use as a reference...

Hey guys! PLS help me, I'm converting a Lada 2107 from rF to R07 and it works in a part only...:( when I chose car, there it is in Retro Cool (original from steam) 'cause I've sit it there, i clinc on the maufacturer, then i see only the hood, the calipers and the rear bumper only...:( what shall I do???

Yes, this appears to be a suitable post to chime in on! First, I'm a new member; registered SOLELY because I saw this forum post as a search engine hit regarding porting data from GTR 2 to Race 07. First post power!
Okay, moving on..
I intend to import the Suzuki Escudo made by someone called griff_1999:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=8716

Having never explored the file and data structures in a Simbin game, I am at the bottom end of the learning curve! I notice some files are flatfiles (can be edited in a text editor), and most of them reference folder paths, and file names. This is something I want help learning.
Further, I've used 3dsimed to extract a large number of .gmt files from what appears to be a .car file. In the source material, there were already two .gmt files; "*_COLLISION.GMT" and "*_SHADOW.GMT", which got overwritten by the output of 3dsimed. I hope someone responds soon, and, thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back