How to Completely UnInstall Union Island

In this thread, I've already sought answers to why Union Island won't load on my system. Nothing has worked for me so far, so I probably need to uninstall it, re-download it and re-install it.

I know how to download and re-install (FWIW I use Content Manager for installing), but I want to make sure that I completely remove any and all remnants of it before starting over again. So, can someone explain exactly which files to delete, either thru Windows directly or is there a way to fully delete the track using Content Manager that's better?

Finally, perhaps I got a bad download the first time (although I got it from here on RD). So, could someone provide a link for perhaps an updated version that's proven it works?

If I can get it installed and running, I then want to add the new Traffic AI. But, one thing at a time.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bert

delete this folder:

steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\union_island

look for any file with "union_island" in its name in

steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

if you find any, delete those.

That's it. Then try reinstalling by simply moving the folder from the zip by hand, not with CM

How much RAM do you have? Union needs a little more than a typical track, with a full 24 grid of different cars it sits at 8 GB usage in a race here.

Last edited:
delete this folder:

look for any file with "union_island" in its name in

if you find any, delete those.

That's it. Then try reinstalling by simply moving the folder from the zip by hand, not with CM

How much RAM do you have? Union needs a little more than a typical track, with a full 24 grid of different cars it sits at 8 GB usage in a race here.
Still getting a "Race Canceled" message after trying this.

FWIW, my system has 16 Gb Ram. All of my other downloaded tracks run fine <shrug>.

Thanks for your suggestion, though. :)

Still getting a "Race Canceled" message after trying this.

FWIW, my system has 16 Gb Ram. All of my other downloaded tracks run fine <shrug>.

Thanks for your suggestion, though. :)
you got any log files? Can't think of anything causing that, there have been very rare cases with certain GPUs not being able to load certain DDS textures, but I doubt @Ben O'Bro used any of those. Does it do that on any kind of race? Are you maybe trying to race against AI on the freeroam version? Or time attack which only very few mod tracks support?

Step 1 is make sure everything is correctly installed (manually preferably, i don't trust content manager for that)
like accakut mentionned.
So you have this :
1643029033280.png

Then, one option to try is to rename the "extension" folder in here, to remove all the CSP feature of the track, and see if that makes a difference

Also try with a default kunos car instead of a possibly faulty car mod

Step 1 is make sure everything is correctly installed (manually preferably, i don't trust content manager for that)
like accakut mentionned.
So you have this :
View attachment 535323

Then, one option to try is to rename the "extension" folder in here, to remove all the CSP feature of the track, and see if that makes a difference

Also try with a default kunos car instead of a possibly faulty car mod
Renaming that extension file did the trick! Now it works for me even with mod cars.

Time to find that traffic add-on and give that a try.

Thanks!

good first step
what csp version do you have ? That might have answered some questions from the start :)

now you can put the folder back in, and try inside the ext_config.ini
make a backup of it if needed
then try delete some sections like all the [EVENT_...] for example : those are the sounds across the island

or it is the grass
etc.
to try and isolate what causes it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play