How to bind button on wheel to breaking?

Hello all, apologies if this question has been asked before, I've been googling for awhile but can't find a solution.

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT, the break pedal works but I'd prefer to use one of the buttons on the wheel for the break as my ankle tends to get sore going between the throttle and the pedal all the time.

It seems that with a wheel, under Main Controls, it's not possible to bind Break to anything other than an axis and there is no option for Break under Secondary where I was hoping I could just map the button.

It also seems that the game won't accept keyboard input and wheel input simultaneously, if I have Break assigned under Keyboard/Mouse, it won't read that if the wheel is selected as the active Input Method. Was hoping that I could have mapped it to a keyboard key under there and then re-mapped one of my wheel buttons to the corresponding keyboard key but nope, doesn't work as it can't read both at once.

I did notice that the game can read two or more DirectX input devices, so buying a pedal on its own and getting it at exactly the right position for my left foot may end up the best option. The only other solution I can think of is going through the trouble of setting up a "virtual joystick" within Windows and having that controlled with a keyboard press, with that keyboard button then assigned to the wheel using the Logitech Software. Seems that this might be possible with the "vJoy" software but that will take me a bit of time to figure out.

The easiest solution would be to force the game to allow both Keyboard/Mouse control and Wheel/Custom control at the same time, does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks for your time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back