How old is too old

Recent poll on the rF2 forum looks like this:
1578358727389.png

There seem to be quite a few well beyond the age of 53.

In the league I help organize and run, we even run a "Seniors points championship" for those 55 and older.
We have quite a few gentlemen that are well into their 70s and one that is in his mid 80s.
Obviously, the older guys love the seniors points stuff and it gives them something to fight for amongst each other.

We're a North American based league (where sim racers are often hard to come by) so if we are getting the kind of numbers we see, I'm sure there are a ton more on the European front.

So, long way to go before you're 'too old' for this hobby :D :thumbsup:

There seem to be quite a few well beyond the age of 53.

In the league I help organize and run, we even run a "Seniors points championship" for those 55 and older.
We have quite a few gentlemen that are well into their 70s and one that is in his mid 80s.
Obviously, the older guys love the seniors points stuff and it gives them something to fight for amongst each other.

We're a North American based league (where sim racers are often hard to come by) so if we are getting the kind of numbers we see, I'm sure there are a ton more on the European front.

So, long way to go before you're 'too old' for this hobby :D :thumbsup:

Really? What league is that and which sims(s) do you run? I was a member of MARA (Middle Aged Racer's Association) back in the day and we ran GPL. But by now we'd have to rename it. :roflmao:

53 this year just wondering if there are any other people older than me using this sim also looking forward to ams2 if my PC is up to it.
Im 74 yrs this year and race 3-4 nights a week on line with xbox and 3 others. ages from 40,45,60,and 74
I have a dedicated server that I run on automobilista, Being in australia its hard to get players at the time I am on

I'm 66 recently retired. Been sim racing since Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix. Wondering about a track car or a camper to go to circuits in the UK and Europe I haven't visited. Would love to meet up with fellow sim racers but haven't been successful in finding any in southwest UK.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.