How much is this PC worth

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Francis Lanau, May 7, 2012.

1. Francis Lanau

Francis Lanau

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Jim Cole

Jim Cole

Ratings:
    +123
    Don't take any offense to this as there is none intended, but what you have there would sell here in the states with no hard drive for around $100.00 US. Unfortunately the age of the components makes them almost worthless.

3. Francis Lanau

Francis Lanau

Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate. To be honest i didn't think it would be worth that much. So want to build my new PC need money LOL :)

4. Chris Preston

Chris Preston

Ratings:
    +101
    I think $100 US is a little low... While I know this isn't a top of the line supercomputer this would work well for a person who just wants a computer to do work on or surf the web. The 7950 also isn't the worst of video cards for a non-gamer so you could do low end video editing or play some older games, in fact I played CoD4 on an ATI 2100.

I think you could sell it for $150 since it comes with everything but a HDD (keyboard/mouse) and if everything works fine I don't see why you couldn't get that much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,303
    The problem I see, is that I can´t think of very many that wants an old computer just to surf with, and work some with. When you easily can get a laptop, pretty cheap for that use.
    When it lacks a HDD as well, the one who buys it must do some work themselves, and I´m struggling to see the potential buyer!
    Anyway, good luck with the sale, and try not to care to much about this negative Norwegian! :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Preston

Chris Preston

Ratings:
    +101
    Well, how much a computer is worth and how much you can get a person to pay are two completely different questions. I personally believe it's worth $150ish. The lack of the HDD can hurt the cost, but I got a 500G hard drive on mine for 40 bucks I think and a person who wants an older computer not for gaming or video editing won't need a 500G hard drive, plus I'm sure there are people that will stumble upon a illegal version of Windows 7 to put on their new hard drive ;)

• Like Like x 1