F1 2010 how much faster is a wheel?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Much faster - when you get the hang of it. You can precisely judge the amount of throttle/brake you need and you have much more control over the steering of the car: you don't have to make these little adjustments with those thumbsticks, you just grab the wheel, put your foot down (literally) and drive the car! I strongly recommend investing in one - you will never want to pick up a gamepad for a racer ever again! :)

At first, you might feel you've wasted your money (I did) but after that initial acclimatisation period, you won't look back.

It is faster, and you will find using manual gears a lot easier. Once you get it setup nicely, you will wonder why you even bothered starting this thread as its a no brainer!

If joypads were any good for driving, they would fit them in cars instead of wheels :D

Wait, they did, they fitted one into the car out of Men In Black.....

Really, controller vs wheel. The wheel wins, hands down.

I play on the PC with a wheel, I've also played using a controller on an xbox. I know which one I prefer, absolutely and no question.

A wheel is slower at first, there is so much more that you have to do than just move your fingers! After you get the hang of it though you will be going faster because the level of accuracy you can put into steering and throttle control and braking will be much much higher than a controller. It takes a lot of practice to be really good with a wheel though, the main advantage is that it gives you a more realistic way of controlling your drive.

I couldn't even imagine driving F1 2010...or any other racing title, without a steering wheel. Some guys are really fast with gamepads and keyboards. My hat off to them. Get a good wheel. It will pay for itself over time and you'll enjoy the heck out of it. I actually retired my red Momo Force about two years ago, after 8 years of daily racing. It looks and felt as good as the day I took it out of the box. I keep it as a backup to my G25.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back