F1 2012 How is Your Career Going

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I made one of these threads last year and it seemed to go down rather well, so let's give it another go for 2012 / 2013. Tell us how your career in F1 2012 is going so far.

I've taken the stats from F1 2010 and F1 2011 and combined them with my stats from this game, so right now I am an 8 time champion with 81 wins. I am currently with Sauber for a bit of challenge and I have won in Australia and came 3rd in Malaysia. I cheated a bit and started with Mercedes, then moved to McLaren, where Lewis and I dominated. But for some odd reason Lewis got the boot and Jenson took his spot along side me. I like Jenson and all, but I really wanted to be along side Lewis again, so I moved to Sauber.

I'm at the point of stopping playing any mode apart from practicing for league races, I don't think I can take any more of the AI and penalty system. And the corrupt saves. Had to start my career again as I went to load practice for Brazil just before Christmas and had a message saying the profile save was corrupt, when it worked fine earlier in the day.

So I had to go through the YDT all over again and started with a Force India. I've lost count of the number of re-starts I've done thanks to loony AI and ridiculous penalties given to me when I'm either just minding my own business or, God forbid, actually competing for a position. The closing speed of the AI on a long straight even without DRS is nuts. This game is no fun whatsoever for me.

Try turning off F1 2012's cloud synchronization in Steam, as that's what seems to mess with the savegames. I did it after my second profile had vaporized and I haven't had a problem with it since.
But the penalties CAN sometimes make you stand in awe... One time, during qualifying at Monza I was casually going 340+ km/h when I saw some jackass turn around on the grass and charge straight into me. Guess who got a penalty for that...

MY career... Yyeah, just like Gareth I only train for league races, but for a different reason - I simply don't have the time. I only reached the Spanish GP on my 1st season and I don't know when/if I'll even finish it.

I have not had any save corruptions. I'm sorry to hear about your issues.

I have finished fourth in the last three races, and only lead Webber in the standings by one point. After this reason I will install some extra mods, so I'll have to restart.

Well i haven't touched my Career Mode but in the Last time i was in Season 1 in Mclaren (Legend) has some Funny fights with AI and of course had some Angry and Funny penalties but still Me and Vettel going for the WDC fight. I was 6 points ahead of Seb after Japan where i have a 2 X DT costed me 2 Places. finished 3rd there. And this was around Start of December.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back