How good is Automobilista ?

Well I've been using iRacing since it came out and I just stopped by membership, thats how good Automobilista is ! Ok so I don't race online as much anymore, the scheduling was a pain.
When I quit I told iRacing that this Automobilista just has it all. In some ways its very similar to iRacing, it puts the racing above everything else. The AI is the best I've ever seen, and there fast without being too aggressive.
As far as the graphics and sound, they deliver. They may not be as glitzy as Assetto Corsa or PCars, but as someone said before, If your that busyy looking at everything , your not going fast enough.
Well Done indeed, and I'm a person who thought GPl was the sim, so I can't wait for the old vintage Formula 67 and 69 cars too come out !

No doubt. I agree.

I have unpacked/decrypted and had a very close look at the internals of "the mod". I can say that a good effort was made to construct the motecs for example. On the flip side some of the car bodies are definitely not worthy like the vette.

Its unfortunate that the effort went into a mod with ripped content.

Again just my opinion. I believe that the developers of sims realize the content will be ripped at some point. They include that in the metrics that determine how much work they will put into a potential title, against how much profit they need to make. Sure its not "the" reason or the only reason for the decline of race sims. I am sure it wont help.

Cheers

Sorry for my not paying attention earlier, but are you the same Gringo who helps Patrick mod his awesome tracks?

I just tried the latest EEC GT3 (v1.2), AMS version this time.
Physics are incredible. Much much better than Enduracers, which is too bad cos Enduracers is much more complete

EEC GT3 1.2 is very nice! But there are naming conflicts with the Historic/Historix mod because neither mod uses a prefix (like EEC) in front of the car names and both use very abbreviated names compared to prior versions. I hope this is something the modders can deal with, because otherwise we have one conflicting Realfeel.ini entry for every Ferrari [Ferra] in EEC and Historix!! There are many more examples :(

Where does RealFeel.ini pull the car name from? Is this something can we fix ourselves?

Hmm "Avo77" said that he was working on his own version of Historic so that it works in AMS.
Maybe we should tell him about this issue. lol:unsure:

It's on the first page of this thread :
"I've done an extensive modification of all the vehicle files so the cars appears correctly in AMS. I'll post it as soon as I come back home at the end of August."

Yes, hopefully that includes the Realfeel parts as well as the obvious menus and so forth. I noticed that there are duplicates even within Historix. AMS uses such short names (rF1 did not do this) that where there used to be two or three entries, now there is only one. And that one also overlaps EEC :(

But the original stock content also uses very short names, so I hope they didn't purposely prevent AMS from using longer names or we;'' be in for lots more trouble going forward. Hopefully it's a simple choice to use better names, like EEC-Ferrari_430_Scuderia. Just using the same names as the car folders with EEC at the front would solve the problem completely.

If you know how to do it can you save me time and tell me where to set this up? So we can release an update for this stuff. Never really went into the realfeel at all so I never learned what to do to give the cars proper entry

renaming wont work

if i add eec infront you will have conflict inside the mod (for example eec_f would be used for ferrari and ford or eec_l for lamborghini and lambda)

i already changed a lot things on my cars to avoid a lot possible conflicts but i cant avoid everything (just a small example: when i was already close to finish the mod i opened all cars again and changed all materials what used the blank black texture to avoid conflicts with patricks tracks as there also a blank black texture with the same name is used... the problem is the cars conflict with the tracks one and so isntead of a normal shiny black glass sourround it was more like chrome shine)... if i change things to avoid conflicts with one other mod it can conflict with a third mod... and i wont download all ams mods to check their file names and redo everything on my mod... other people can also have a look on something and change it to avoid conflicts ;)

This Lily like to use the "angry" button :D
Dude it's pretty simple... people builing mods have to look for conflicts too, it can't be responsability of a single person. It was annoying enough when the whole mod had to be changed because Patrick material name (despite the requests to get it changed there.....)

It seems obvious that all modders should avoid using short names. A prefix solves the problem if you do want to use short names for some reason. And no, my suggestion wasn't to use a ridiculous short form like EEC_f that would of course only make the problem worse. I thought there was general agreement that modders would not act in selfish or irresponsible ways to make things needlessly more difficult for other modders? Oh well, hopefully any other mods that will contain at least one of a BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Cadillac, Callaway, Dodge, Ginetta, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lotus, McLaren, Nissan, Porsche or Renault will be aware that all those generic brands are off limits because the EEC mod owns them. Shouldn't affect too many mods, should it? :(

did you had a look on the realfeel.ini? if i see it right the game is using the description line from the cars veh file so what i should add there? add a eec infront of every cars name or a gt3? so all bmws would use the same realfeel entry then, also lamborghini and lambda ford would use the same...
the short form are always 5 digits and there you dont have a lot options... also its always possible that you can change the description line on each vehicle to your liking ;)
im not the only person on the www who creates mods and always have to take care of others, i already did a lot to avoid conflicts :p
add a x infront of every historix cars description ;)

@Will Mazeo i already got a lot positive votes so who cares about 2 bad ones ;) so my statistic is looking better than with just 100% positive ones :D
often its just people who dosnt understand something just start to talk bad instead of trying to understand it ;)

always great to see how stupid people can be... acting like children because they are not able to understand some simple things...

@Lily Starfox if you search here for my comments you can find a lot more where you can press the angry button ;) 4 bad votes in 3 minutes? cmon you cant do it quicker? if you get 10 within one minute i will change everything on the gt3 mod to your liking :)

did you had a look on the realfeel.ini? if i see it right the game is using the description line from the cars veh file so what i should add there? add a eec infront of every cars name or a gt3? so all bmws would use the same realfeel entry then, also lamborghini and lambda ford would use the same...
the short form are always 5 digits and there you dont have a lot options... also its always possible that you can change the description line on each vehicle to your liking ;)
im not the only person on the www who creates mods and always have to take care of others, i already did a lot to avoid conflicts :p
add a x infront of every historix cars description ;)

@Will Mazeo i already got a lot positive votes so who cares about 2 bad ones ;) so my statistic is looking better than with just 100% positive ones :D
often its just people who dosnt understand something just start to talk bad instead of trying to understand it ;)

There is obviously a language barrier here. It was already questioned, but are you confirming that AMS only allows 5 letters for the Realfeel name? If so, the problem is with AMS, because we know that limitation did not exist with prior versions of ISI-based games. If so, then it becomes much more challenging to create unique names with only 5 letters. Prefixes of E for EEC and X for Historix would still be necessary, but then with only four letters left for the car and model. It doesn't change that unique names should still be used, but it sure makes it more difficult for all modders. (Perhaps this is on purpose, since officially AMS is not supposed to support mods?)

If the 5 letter names are a choice, then please use longer names. Assuming they are not, you can simply state that instead of getting upset with people who are questioning the illogic of using only 5 letters. It then deflects the criticism from you, who appeared to be simply unwilling to bother to use more than 5 letters for no apparent good reason.

Let's work together to figure out how to make the EEC mod as popular as it deserves to be on AMS. It is an amazingly well done mod. We should try to make installation and usage as trouble-free as possible for people who want to use the mod, whether this is their only mod or whether they have other mods as well.

i would use the complete car name like it is written on the descriptions line but it isnt working as the game is creating the entry at the realfeel.ini by its own ;)

i tried on the m6 today with changing the description and exactly the same was added to the realfeel.ini and again with 5 digits ;)

unbenannt-1.png

edit: theres a line on the beginning of the realfeel.ini

VehicleDelimiterSize=5

i will try to change it to more digits and give feedback if it works later

edit²: its working... if you raise this value the entry name will be longer... i tried to change it to ten and its using nearly the complete name...

unbenannt-1.png

i think VehicleDelimiterSize=15 will be a good choice as you cant have dublicted entries then... i just dont know if it works when the description line is using less letters than 15 ...

edit³: with value 15

unbenannt-1.png

i dont think there is need anymore to change mods ;)

Last edited:
i would use the complete car name like it is written on the descriptions line but it isnt working as the game is creating the entry at the realfeel.ini by its own ;)

i tried on the m6 today with changing the description and exactly the same was added to the realfeel.ini and again with 5 digits ;)

unbenannt-1.png

edit: theres a line on the beginning of the realfeel.ini

VehicleDelimiterSize=5

i will try to change it to more digits and give feedback if it works later

edit²: its working... if you raise this value the entry name will be longer... i tried to change it to ten and its using nearly the complete name...

unbenannt-1.png

i think VehicleDelimiterSize=15 will be a good choice as you cant have dublicted entries then... i just dont know if it works when the description line is using less letters than 15 ...

edit³: with value 15

unbenannt-1.png

i dont think there is need anymore to change mods ;)

Fantastic!!! This will also solve problems with other mods, too (if prefixes are used by all).

But Reiza has been wiping and replacing the Realfeel.ini with many of the updates, so back them up until we hit stable v1.0.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back