How do I change my in-game driver name?

Hey all. New here. Had Race 07 a few weeks now and just got approved for RaceDepartment servers.
I've read that I'll need to change my in-game profile name to my real name, but I see no way in-game to do so. Any help please?
One other thing. I was wondering if there's a way to adjust the mirrors in-game to get a better view according to my seat position?

To change your name in-game go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData change the name of your Profile Folder to your chosen name, open the folder and rename the .gal and .PLR files to match.

You can't adjust the mirrors but you can adjust the seat forward, backwards, up & down to get a better view in the mirrors.

Or use virtual mirrors. Options -> visual settings -> virtual mirrors. It's not as realistic but assures the functionality of those gadgets in all vehicles. Because we are fixed in the seats, ie we can't lower our heads or look side to side in our seats, IMHO, real seat position set to off and virtual mirrors on, are actually more realistic than having to watch rollcages blocking our view or mirrors vanishing from FOV.

You can adjust your seat position with a mouse: left click+ move mouse. CTRL+ left click + move mouse to adjust FOV angle ingame. Right click resets the seat, right click + ctrl resets FOV. EDIT: Not right, check two posts down for the right instructions..

Sorry, a correction, left mouse click + move is front/back seat position, right click is up/down. Ctrl + click adjusts FOV and shift+ click resets it. (sorry for remembering them wrong, i have to test what was what almost everytime, not the most frequently used options... i've mainly drive with one vehicle in leagues so my FOV + seat stay fixed ;) )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back