Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

F1 2020 How do I buy the base game?

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Solutions
I have waited 3 extra days to purchase F1 2020 as I can't be bothered with the Schumacher edition. The game was supposed to unlock on the 10th of July and now when going to the Steam store I am met with one option and that is to buy:

F1® 2020: Seventy Edition DLC for 54 euros.

Again I cannot be bothered with DLC for this game. When can I just buy the base game and just play what it says to be what this game is about: F1 2020?

I assume you know about these guys?

<mod edit: link removed, i buy my games the official way>

Just activate the game with the Steam key (in Steam)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Solutions
So it's not possible to just buy just F1 2020? I either need to go to an off-steam page or buy a DLC i don't want?

GTR233

Premium
Solutions
Just checked myself and... same as you Bram, only deluxe and 70 are available at the moment : I think it is part of codies commercial strategy, apparently standard version will be available on july 14th for my country.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Solutions
Really absurd. Ended up buying the "70s version" as that seems to be the most basic version available.

Game better be good this time for this price.

I may be missing the point, I am not sure of the issue here, as it appears, you seem to be complaining about a free DLC, as the price is the same as would be expected for such a new game, go in to "Manage DLC" and remove.