How can i install race from disc and not through steam

This is a really stupid question but Im going to ask anyway.

I have CD versions of all the Race 07, GTR Evolution and Race On.

I am about to reinstall them onto my PC tonight and I would like to know how to stop steam downloading them as i would rather just install directly from disc as Steam takes way too long to download the files.

Any advice would be appreciated

You can start the setup from the DVD, choose Steam install, and it'll still install the files from the DVD instead of downloading them! At least it does with the Race On DVD.

For me it still went online and downloaded them (Race 07, GTRE and Race On). I suppose you could try disabling your internet connection, though that might just prevent you installing the online version at all.

After intalation of the game files steam updates the game, its frustating if you have a slow connection.
The only way to avoid it is if you have or a friend has a copy of the up to date game files so you can just copy those in and restart steam and it wont take as long.
other than that suck it up and leave it going over night :p

Just FYI, if you're having problems with Steam being slow downloading games, try opening the ports that steam needs on your router.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

My download speed jumped to max after I did that, before it was doing like 22kpbs! :tongue:

Best thing is to just install the Steam version and then in the browser enable offline play if you don't want Steam to connect everytime you play. I had too many errors from the disc install. Not to mention I don't think you'll be able to get the add-ons from the disc install (although I'm not sure)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back