How can I install mods

Good morning dear Simracers,
I'm a new fan of this game and I would like to know how to install the mods. Or where to download a Mod Manager like JGSME (or other). Thanks to those who will answer.

1 Definitely use a mod manager. Then you can easily add or remove mods and keep your game install in good working order. Many mods might conflict with each other or just not work properly & break your game, meaning a complete reinstall, so a mod manager is a must.
If you can't find a link to JSGME, I'll post one later from my pc. It's old but I still use it for AMS, it works perfectly.

Thanks for the reply. Now I have to learn how JSGME works :)
I love two racing games: Automobilista and rFactor (the first). It seems that these two games have a very similar graphics engine and accessible hardware requirements.
Also regarding rFactor, could you suggest me how to install the mods? Is there a Mod Manager? Thanks in advance.

You can use JSGME for rFactor (and many others), just copy the same setup exe into the rFactor root folder, install, and name the shortcut differently to your AMS copy. I'm using it for several games.
It doesn't install into Windows registry, so you can use it more than once. It only installs in the game folder, it creates it's own mod folder and config file in the game folder and takes very little space.

Last edited:
Not really, but basically any mod that is installed by copying the files into the game folder structure can use JSGME to install and remove them - because that's all it's doing - copying files straight in, keeping a backup of anything it changes, and then reverting it when uninstalling.

1 Definitely use a mod manager. Then you can easily add or remove mods and keep your game install in good working order. Many mods might conflict with each other or just not work properly & break your game, meaning a complete reinstall, so a mod manager is a must.
If you can't find a link to JSGME, I'll post one later from my pc. It's old but I still use it for AMS, it works perfectly.
Thank you for this, I tried it out and it works wonderfully. So easy. Thanks!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back