How can I change/modify car characteristics, like downforce, power and stuff?

I'm a total newbie to Assetto Corsa, but not to changing things into a mod, like power, TC, downforce and whatever. Does anybody know how to change those parameters in AC? Say, for example, in the Porsche 919, to change the original car's downforce levels, power, or suspension, by making changes into the mod's files and so forth. Not that I don't like it how it is, but I'd like to mess around with that kind of stuff a little, to see what kind of changes that would make, apart from what you can do with the setup. Any tip will be appreciated.

Down the rabbit hole you go...

Activate developer mode in content manager, unpack data in the content/cars tab and go to town.

You can find youtube videos on how to do all this. Its actually very simple.
Well, that's a tendency I have with anything lmao. Now seriously, thanks for the tip, I'm asking for this 'cause I started turning laps on the 919 that comes in the Porsche pack for AC at Le Mans, and it annoyed me at how it understeers so brutally, no matter what changes I make into the ssuspension/aero. Spent an entire weekend doing changes myself and using some setup that found all over the internet, but to no avail. Now with this I'm gonna try to mess around with the base car itself and see what can I make to make it just a tad better for my (terrible haha) driving style

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back